Broken Trust, Now and Forever (5)

Ship: Dreambur

Type: Angst

Parts: 5/6

Plot: Wilbur finds Dream, and then realize their both lost.

"Some kind of savior, huh-?"

--

Clouds were covering up the night skies. Snow had been falling down for days, covering up everything in a thick layer of snow. Snowflakes float down in a graceful path that would make ballerinas look clumsy.  Wilbur trudged through the snow, silhouetted by the surrendering sun, pulling at his thin jacket. His teeth chattered as he lit up a cigarette, his third of the grim cold night. He only walked through the horrible bleak darkness to find his lover. Howling wind made his ears and cheeks look pink. Why was it so cold? The cold night borrowed body heat as if it were a priceless souvenir. 

It was an unpleasantly cold winter's night; the moon having sheltered by the murky looming cloud. Did the yellowish glowing moon always set this early?

Or was it already past early...

Wilbur shook his head, sending flying chunks of snow into the air. He stared at the spots where the snow landed in shock, how long had it been, for snow to rest upon his head?

Slowly touching his head, he kept plodding through the soft hail.

Dream.

He needed to find his beloved.

His only treasure.

One that could never be remade.

Sleep was slowly encasing Wilbur, singing it's lullabies to the brunette who tuned it out. His eyes drooped and he stopped walking, grimacing when cold wind hit him.

Wilbur must keep walking.

Hours slipped through Wilbur's head like water slipping through someone's hands. Wilbur felt like laying down in the snow and going to sleep, he was sure to die of coldness if he to that, though. He sought to find shelter.

One break.

One hour.

Then he'd start searching again.

Wilbur let his cigarette fall to the floor and stomped on it before lighting another one. He gently bit it as he adjusted his beanie. In the corner of his eye, he could see a pitiful gray cave. It could be a sleeping spot. He jogged toward it, heaving. Wilbur stopped, eyeing the cave. Something told him to go in it. But it looked so warm, so cozy...

Fuck it.

Wilbur sprinted towards the cave and practically jumped into it, closing his eyes and sighing when the cave sheltered him from the harsh snow.

The sound of light breathing and the smell of rust filled Wilbur nose.

He sniffed.

It smelled like iron.

Like blood.

Wilbur opened his eyes and gasped quietly. 

Dream.

Surrounded by blood.

Bleeding.

Wilbur rushed towards Dream and dropped on to his knees, untying his scarf and tying it across Dream's bleeding gash. He took the blonde's hand sighed when felt it. Dream was breathing.

Though it was faint. Wilbur brought the hand up to mouth and kissed it gently before sending it back down. He took off his beanie and wrapped it across Dream's fluffy hair. Hugging Dream, Wilbur settled on the cave wall, grinning with pride. He found his beloved.

He opened his communicator and typed to Tommy. Cold rushed into his veins. His grin settled into a panicked frown. His eyes widened.

He had no communication. 

Wilbur looked at his cords. Some he had never seen before. He looked at Dream, cradling his head. He bent down again and gave a gentle peck on his nose.

Dream's eyes flew open. He was angry, Wilbur could tell by the flames in his eyes.

He shot up and hit Wilbur on his chin with his head. Wilbur choked and he stood up, glaring at Dream. Dream shot darts at Wilbur.

"What is your problem!?" Wilbur shouted.

"What is your problem!?" Dream spat. Wilbur winced.

"What'd I do??" Wilbur screeched.

Dream shot him a withering glare. "Oh, I don't know," He rolled his eyes. "You told me I was pretty, beautiful, handsome, right? Why did I leave?" He asked sarcastically. Wilbur turned away ashamed.

He fell to the floor and stared at his hands.

How would he ever make it up to his beloved?

--

Word count- 668

and I'm sorry it's so short!

Next part will be last and final part! (SPOILER, IT WILL HAVE A HAPPY ENDING!)

-Ideax