Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies

Start from the beginning

"They are not MY anything," Harry blushed, feeling as if he was being teased by his sister even when he didn't have a sister.

"Keep telling yourself that, weather boy," Melody teased him some more. "But you three are smitten with each other even if you don't know it."

Harry blushed even more as Melody definitely acted as if she was his sister. Between her and Krinos, Harry felt like he really did have siblings. He decided to change the subject before Melody's teasing turned his face permanently red.

"So, what exactly is Headmistress Jiwe's power," he asked her. "It's obvious that she is an animal mystic soul, but really is her power?"

"Oh, right, I forgot you didn't know," Melody said. "Headmistress Jiwe's magic is known as Jungle Copycat magic. Whenever she is able to make physical contact with an animal, she basically absorbs its abilities. And even after the touches another animal, she is able to hold onto the abilities of previous animals that she touches. Kind of like she has magical storage in her mystic core."

"Woah," Harry gasped. "That is a really cool power."

Melody nodded, smiling. "She is even able to do the same with magical creatures when she touches them."

"Everyone in this school is so bloody cool," Harry stated. 

"Language," came a very annoying voice.

"Oh, crud," Harry complained.

Turning around, Harry and Melody saw Hermione and Ron coming toward them. Harry was just glad that Ginny was not with them. He did not have the energy to deal with her trying and failing to flirt with him. If she continued to do so, he was not going to blame himself if he struck her with a bolt of lightning. Considering how no one at Crystal Rose liked the Annoying Trio, he might actually be rewarded if he did that to her.

"Are you two stalking Harry or what," Melody put a hand on her hip as she glared at the two of them.

She was subtle about it, but she placed her other hand on the amethyst pendant around her neck. All of the amulets were connected and those bonded to them could easily use them to communicate if they knew how to. And given how long she and her brother had theirs, it made sense why they would be able to use that power.

So, Melody was using the connection between the amulets to contact her brother. Krinos was most likely with some of their other friends, so she was sure that he would bring some backup. She did not need the backup in terms of fighting two weak wand-users, but it would be better if more than just herself was around to get Harry away from these two annoyances.

"Harry is our friend," Ron glared at her. "You can't stalk someone that's your friend."

"We stopped being friends the moment that you chose Dumbledore over me," Harry crossed his arms. 

"Headmaster Dumbledore," Hermione tried correcting him on what to call Dumbledore.

"You both already betrayed me once before doing it again," Harry ignored her trying to correct him. "As the saying goes, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame in me.' And I am not going to be fooled twice."

"We didn't betray you," Ron almost yelled at Harry. 

"In fact, you both did," Harry said. "Ron, you refused to believe me when I said that I did not enter my name into the Goblet of Fire. You spend over a month being nothing but a giant bully toward me. And even when you were proven wrong, you barely even apologized. And you, Hermione, had my Firebolt taken away because you believed that I was not going to have it checked for curses. I actually was, but you went behind my back and told a teacher simply because you believe that I was too stupid and selfish to do anything about a random gift that U got."