σηє

𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: 𝔄 𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

In every fairy tale, it starts with a princess.

A damsel in distress, and a hero to save the day. The story ends happily ever after where broken dreams are left behind.

Prince Liam loved fairy tales, living every day with much optimism. However, he's no hero - never been one to fight or to save the day. The princess is there without a problem in sight.

That doesn't mean fairy tales have to start the same way all the time.

"Prince Liam!"

The Australian prince was broken out of his reverie by the sound of his name being called. He looked up to see the redheaded Prince of Spain running towards him with a bright smile on his face. Behind him was the stoic Prince of Germany sauntering leisurely after him. Prince Felix of Spain skidded to a stop in front of Prince Liam and took notice of the rack of delicate porcelain figures.

The younger boy took a cautious step back, colliding into Prince Leon of Germany.

"Watch it," Prince Leon growled.

"I don't think I should be here," Prince Felix gulped nervously, finally noticing all the breakable wares around them.

Prince Leon lifted an eyebrow. "You finally noticed your surroundings?"

The redhead nodded vigorously and stuck close to his best friend, much to Prince Leon's annoyance. Prince Liam let out a small laughter at the scene. The sound caught Leon's attention.

Stormy gray eyes moved from the blond prince with sun-kissed skin and towards the rack in front of him. On it, displayed delicately crafted animal figurines. Hares and rabbits standing on their hind legs, carrying different bouquets of flowers. Graceful-looking swans in ballet poses. Badgers and weasels in farming overalls.

Everything screamed good craftsmanship and art. No wonder Prince Felix, who had yet to part from his best friend, was so scared and cautious.

"You haven't decided?" the German prince asked his Australian friend.

Prince Liam shook his head. "I wanted to get a rabbit but I'm not sure which one," he mumbled, turning back to the rackful of figurines.

"The one with white roses looks cute," said Prince Leon. "Like a character from wonderland."

Forrest green eyes rested on the said figurine.

A smile slowly etched on his face. "Alice in Wonderland," Liam said, "my favorite childhood tale of adventure." Long, slender fingers carefully picked up the porcelain doll of three inches tall. Observing the doll with much care, he asked, "Do you think she'll like it?"

"Of course," Leon shrugged. "It's a gift you picked out and it's related to your favorite story book. I think she might like to learn about that."

"What did you get for Caitlyn?" asked Liam abruptly.

"A looking glass," answered Leon, looking pleased with himself.

Liam was flabbergasted.

"Another one?"

"It's silver this time!" Felix chimed in, careful not to wave his arms around in excitement. "The last one was gold!"

"How many does she want?" sighed Prince Liam. "I have a feeling she's trying to become the Evil Queen from Snow White with the amount of mirrors she has."

Leon shrugged, "She specifically asked for a silver mirror."

Liam laughed softly. It's odd to see the stubborn and strong-willed Prince of Germany be so soft and understanding about someone else other than his best friend, Felix. Liam felt glad that his best friend will be cared for by someone other than her over-protective brothers.

"Thanks," Liam smiled at the German prince.

"No problem," Leon said gruffly. "And stop worrying, Liam. It's a good gift to commemorate your new found friendship with the French Polynesian princess."

Another laugh escaped his lips. Prince Leon can be very funny without trying.

"Yes," Liam laughed. "That too."

Despite his obvious confusion, Leon let that slide and said, "Let's pay for our purchases and get out of the shop before calamity strikes in the form of Felix breaking something."

"HEY! I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!" Felix clung tighter on Leon, threatening to rip his sweater to shreds.

Liam couldn't stop laughing at them.

A new friend sounds good, he thought to himself.

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

686 ωσя∂ѕ