The whole royal family is scheduled to attend a festival that evening.

The royal family would attend a quick play, suitable for children, and then king and queen would stay for a few dances in the streets of town before heading back to the Keep to put the children down for bed.

Then, perhaps, Rhaenys and Aemond would return to dance and enjoy some of the festivities.

~

' Aemond ' Rhaenys calls quietly, doing her best to not wake their sleeping children.

He looks over at her with a kind smile, hand moving up and down Visenya's back.

' I think it's well past time we get Alicent and Aemon well as rest of children in bed, and I have to get that one ' she says nodding at Visenya ' fed her one last time so she can sleep through the night. '

' I suppose you're right. Let me help you ' Aemond says standing up and in a well-practiced move lifts Naerys out of her arms without disturbing any of the rest children.

' Oh Mama, Kepa, please can I stay? ' Alicent begs. ' Aemon and I made new friends, and we always get to go to bed after the babies. Please! Please! Please! '

Rhaenys looks at Aemond and she knows he's going to agree. Alicent has him so tightly wrapped around her finger and he hardly ever can say no to her if it means spoiling her fun.

' One hour ' he allows her.

' No, it's time for you all to sleep. ' Rhaenys said.

~

The carriage ride back to the Red Keep is quick with the streets empty with all attention focused on the celebrations. 

Aemond asks his niece Jaehera,who was also with them, if she would like to help get the children in bed, but she declines and bids them goodnight as soon as they enter the Keep.

Aemond is pretty proud of himself for getting the children changed and in their cribs with no tears. Naerys woke only for a moment and was pretty grumpy that her sleep was disturbed but quickly drifted off once she was in his soft sleeping clothes.

He finds Rhaenys exactly where he thought she'd be, in the nursery, rocking, and nursing Visenya.

' I was thinking ' Aemond says carefully, ' since all of the children are taken care of, and this one will hopefully sleep through the night, maybe you and I could go back to the festival. We could even try the market food the people were selling and perhaps play a game or two? '

' That sounds lovely ' Rhaenys tells him. ' Let me get her in bed and we can go back. Are you going to put on your disguise? ' she asks teasingly.

' Yes ' Aemond says with a smile and leans in to press a soft kiss to her lips ' And I might have one for you as well ' he whispers against her lips and kisses her again.

Visenya feeds a little longer and Rhaenys blissfully gets her tucked into her crib without waking her. ' Good night my little dragon ' she whispers, pushing some silver curls out of her face. Rhaenys then checks on the rest of the children and gives them each a quick kiss on their heads as well and wishes them a good night's sleep.

~

A few minutes later Rhaenys is dressed in a plain gray dress with a scarf loosely wrapped around her head, just in case, she wants to cover a little of her face.

' Shall we, my lady? ' Aemond asks with a goofy smile taking Rhaenys hand.

They exit through the secret tunnels buried all throughout the Red Keep, Cole a short distance behind them at all times, also in an everyday disguise.