5.

129 ACKING'S LANDING

129 AC
KING'S LANDING

IT WAS MORNING and Rhaenys was once again outside in her favorite gardens. Aemond was also outside, searching for Rhaenys. After a bit of searching, he found her, sitting on a bench. He walked over to her, holding a basket in his hands.

' Rhaenys ' Aemond called out, causing her to turn to him with a shocked look.

He turned his head, noticing maid his mother had appointed standing behind Rhaenys. ' Leave us ' he demanded.

Aemond walked over to her. He took a seat beside her on the bench, holding the basket in his hands.

' What's in the basket? ' she asked him, a curious look on her face.

' Your favorite cakes.' Aemond informed her in a calm tone.

She could resist and she took out lemon cake from basket.

' I know you are unhappy and that you hate me ' Aemond confessed, giving her a sympathetic look ' I know you did not want to be my wife or become pregnant,and I am sorry.'

' I don't ... ' she began to say, only to sigh in defeat, ' I don't hate you, Aemond, but I can't love you. In loving you I would betray my family and I can't be traitor. '

' You do hate me, and I don't blame you ' Aemond replied in a calm tone ' But I promise you, I will be good husband to you, no matter what happens or how long this marrige lasts. I will put your needs above my own and I will be a good father to our child. And you will be a good mother. I know it. '

' Is that why you've come here? 'Rhaenys asked, feeling sick thanks to her pregnancy ' To talk about our unborn child? '

Aemond nodded, opening up the basket placed on his lap. He took out a lemon cake from it and handed it to Rhaenys.
Aemond watched her, knowing she clearly didn't want to spend her time with him. He sighed in defeat and stood up from his seat beside her, not being able to take it anymore.

Rhaenys frowned, wondering why he had stood up.

' This was a bad idea. You hate me and I don't blame you, but can't you see I'm trying to make up for that, that I'm trying to be a good to you. ' Aemond complained and Rhaenys looked down at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

Aemond placed the basket of food at her  arms. He turned his back to her, beginning to walk away. Rhaenys wanted nothing more than to tell him to stay, but knew it wasn't wise. She continued to stare down at the ground, trying to contain herself.

She frowned, however, when Aemond suddenly stopped in his tracks, turning to her.  ' Tomorrow morning, there will be hunt in king's woods, you can join us if you wish. '

Rhaenys finally looked up at Aemond, just in the moment he turned his back to her and started to walk away.

She watched him walk away, a voice in the back of her mind telling her to beg him to stay.