Chapter 29: The progress

Comenzar desde el principio

"It's fine...go take care of him, take lucas with you." Austin stopped her as he urged her to take Lucas with her with a bright smile.

"Yes..." And with that Adriana and lucas took their leave.

"Ohh....carlos! Yvonne just informed me that the Emperor seems to be planning to arrange my marriage with the Emperor of Obilea." Diana informed his brother.

Carlos who was sipping his tea peacefully choked *cough**cough..."WHAT?!!!" he yelled.

"Ya what i said...Do you want me to repeat?" Diana asked.

"No...I...the fuck? Huh?! How dare that bast-" Charlos was about to curse at the emperor when he remembered that there were other people present there too.

"Ahem, go on...none of us here are fond of that old man...well except Auggie, we all hate him with great burning passion." Austin said and Penelope and Yvonne nodded with determination.

"Please, if there is any way we can stop that marriage, then I am all in for the plan. How dare the emperor sell my bestie off? He is grateful the crown prince will be the one to kill him.." Penelope said with her fist tight she was angry. But to other people she looked like a cute helpless bunny being angry....she was cute.

'Cute...' - Charlos.

"Ya how dare he? I mean I get connections with other kingdoms are important but...Lady..I mean Diana just came back, he doesn't even know her that well...At this point it's better if he has a daughter with the queen and just sell her off to the emperor...I don't give a shit." Yvonne muttered, but was heard by everyone, her voice contained great anger. If words and looks could kill, Henry would have been dead by now.

"Ahem...women are scary.." Augustine, who was quiet for a while, muttered to Charlos, who was too stunned to speak and just nodded slightly.

"THANKSSS" Diana said as she pulled Penelope and Yvonne in a tight hug. She was tearing up.

"haaaa...I will sort that out with the Emperor either way I am attending the dinner tomorrow." Charlos said as he tiredly placed his head on his hand.

"Wait, am I going too?" Diana asked as she released her hug.

"Nope, you don't have to. Spend some time with Lady Whitlock, cause you will not see each other for a long time after." Chairos informed, with a smile.

'He is considerate. How nice.' - Penelope.

"Alright everyone, it's late at night. Bed time." Austin siad as he got up and fixed his clothes.

"Father next time, no tea at night time." Penelope informed as she held her father's hand and headed to her guest room after bidding goodbye to Yvonne and Diana.

"I am happy, she found her family." Diana muttered loud enough for Yvonne who was next to her to listen.

"Me too." Yvonne answered happily.

"Let's go to my bedroom. We can stay up late." Diana muttered again and got a nod from Yvonne.

"Night Charlos." Diana bid her goodbye as she and Yvonne made their way up to her room.

"I will see you later then. I have some things to finish." Charlos said as he got up from the sofa/couch.

"Whatever." Augustine signed and closed his eyes as his mind zoned off. 

With Adriana and Lucas 

Third person poV: 

"I made it clear with lady whitlock that we are not engaged, and I would appreciate it if you do not say that we are engaged to everyone. It might cause a misunderstanding." Adriana said calmly. She doesn't want to cause any misunderstanding. More like she does not want to get involved in any kind of drama, this is the only time her father let her stay out this long, might be because Duke Whitlock asked personally. She knows how whiny and needy her little sister is. Her family will do anything to complete her wishes. She on the other hand is mostly invisible to them, they even forget to invite her to the small picnics that they occasionally go on. She has learnt to live with it.