Chapter 39:

(Above pic do not belong to me) 

Quote: "You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." 

—George Lorimer

--------------- -------------- ----- -----

Third person Pov:

Whitlock mansion:

The same night:

Penelope's bedroom.

"I feel lonely." Penelope groaned as she rolled on her bed. It's been a few days since she last saw Carlos and she feels lonely no matter what. To erase this loneliness she even followed Austin like a lost puppy for a day or two and spent time with Lucas today but she can't seem to shake off that empty feeling.

'What if he got hurt?' Penelope thought as she got up. 'SLEEP WILL YOU? HE WILL BE FINE. YOU HAVE BEEN FUSING OVER HIM FOR A WEEK NOW!!!' inner yelled.

'Ugh...I can't seem to stop worrying about him.' Penelope shulked. It's not her fault that she cant' stop worrying about him. He went to war at such a time, it's so dangerous.

"UGHHH!! I hope hell falls over Emperor Henry!" Penelope cursed, it's all that emperor's fault.

Lucifer won't leave Lucas's side and Lucas won't leave Lucifer.

Lucas teaches Lucifer and Lucifer endures that hellish training.

'What did even brother tell Lucifer that he was so determined to learn swordship?' Penelope thought. Lucas told Lucifer something and Lucifer won't stop chanting, 'to protect mama.'

"I miss him..." Penelope muttered. As she looked at the ceiling.

"Alright! That's enough, I am over it. It's decided I will visit uncle and aunt tomorrow! Dads there too. And also send a letter to Yvonne and Diana!" Penelope said as she got up but boy, she got up too fast, her head was now a bit dizzy. She got up still stumbling and made her way towards her desk. Got pen and paper as she started writing the letters to Diana and Yvonne and if still in mood she will write a threatening letter to the emperor (henry).

'I hope you are doing just fine.' Penelope thought as she got consumed with the letters.

The next morning:

Eckart's mansion:

Third person pov:

"Father, what now?" Reynold asked as he looked around at the injured knights and the destroyed mansion.

"What about the emperor?" asked the duke. "I sent a notice, the case will be in court in two days. For now, Marquis Ellen has been prisoned.'' Derrick answered.

"I see. Let's move to our estate for now." the duke ordered as he called for a carriage.

"Father, everyone including us are still injured. And I think it will take time for us all to heal. Especially brother!" Reynold called out. "I will be fine!" Derrick retorted with a roar.

Derrick's left leg was crumpled, the lantern collapsed on him. It was an unfortunate incident, and he was heavily injured in it. The duke has a few scars here and there while reynold only had a few scratches. Let's ignore the fact that he was bleeding from his head, as a certain someone wanted to give him a good beating so he can remember it for his whole life.

"Does yvonne know about this?" the duke asked as he ignored Reynold bluntly.

"Yes. She wanted to run here, but the crown prince had convinced her to stay." Derrick answered.