10

1

2

3

1

2

3

1

Ouch!

I fall to the floor, my phone falling out of my pocket and crashing on the floor alongside me.

"Shit man that was expensive" I groan, rubbing my back as I work my way back onto my feet.

"Oh, my god! I'm sooo sorry!" I look up from dusting off my knees to see a girl. She's in my class I think.

"Wait, you're Y/n, right?" She questions, adding some pep into her voice as if her words weren't already exaggerated.

"Yep" I groan a little.

"Oh, sorry I couldn't help you up, I just got my arm out of a cast and it's still sooo painful to use it" She makes a sorrowful face while holding up her arm.

"Oh, it's fine. I missed your name, what was it?" I look into the air.

"Lila Rossi!" She holds out her hand for a handshake. Uh? Whatever. I shake it and give her a nod.

"Shouldn't you be working on your project? With Nino?" I question. Her eye twitches a little as she gives me a smile.

"I actually got excused from the assignment because I have this really rare condition that makes-" She cuts herself off.

"It's a really complicated condition, I won't bother you with the boring details, anyways, what about you? Where's your partner?" She asks, looking me up and down.

"Marinette's busy today so we're going to start our project this weekend," I reply, already over this girl's fake energy.

"Marinette's your partner? Oh, you poor thing! You do know she never turns anything in on time? She's also always late to class, taking naps during lessons, the list goes on and on, in the end, she's just a really unreliable person." She puts her hand on my shoulder and looks concerned.

That version of Marinette definitely fits my first impression of her, but she can't really be like that, this Lila girl must be bad news.

"I think you should do the project yourself, I bet you Marinette won't reach out to you all weekend, and you'll fail If you don't. Anyways, I've got to go I have plans, your welcome for the advice, cya little lady!"

She blows me a kiss goodbye and goes back to walking and, well, texting. That explains why we bumped into each other. But damn she's got rizz.

I walk a few more blocks and reach the hotel. I wave to Chloe, Max, and Mylene as I head to the elevator. I hit the button to reach my floor and I let out a big exhale.

Maybe Lila's right, maybe I should do the project myself. I'll start it on my own...just in case! Not that it'll be needed in the end, because Marinette wouldn't do me like that. Right? Right! Ugh.

The elevator dings and the doors open for me as I walk on through. Guess I won't be hanging out with anyone this weekend. I walk over to my room and climb out onto my terrace to work while it's nice out.

Ok. Time to focus and get this done! God, how long is this gonna take? I yawn as I start piecing the major points of my project together. I hum to myself a bit while I work.

Hm. I wonder how long it's been. I scoot out of my chair a few inches and stretch a bit, then grab my phone. My broken phone. Damn it. I guess I can wait until tomorrow to deal with that.

I go back into my room and grab my small clock and bring it back onto the terrace with me. I take a look at the time. My eyes widen for a millisecond. It's already time for dinner. I guess I'd better take a break from all of this work. I organize all of my papers and such.

But before I go downstairs I need to just take a minute. I walk over to the railing of the terrace and lean on it a bit. It's so beautiful here. I'm glad I'm here with Chloe. I really missed her, even if I was jealous that she got to hang out with Adrien the whole time.

Oh! That's right! Adrien invited me to a photoshoot this weekend! I guess I won't be bored out of my mind after all. I take one last look at the incredible view. Even the smell of this city is amazing. I take in a deep breath.

Smells like freshly baked bread. I can't help but smile to myself. I guess I'm hungrier than I thought. I turn back to the door to my room until-

"Wait!" Hm?

I turn back around.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind me dropping in unannounced." I'll admit I'm a little in shock.

"No, It's uh, fine, Ladybug." I hesitantly reassure.

"Oh, great." She smiles. I melt into a smile too,

"I just wanted to come here to apologize. I know I've been harsh and rude to you in the past, but it ends here. I promise." She grabs my hand, causing me to look down.

"Ah! I even brought you a peace offering!" She takes her hand back and jumps out of sight for a moment.

"Cheese and bread, I know it's not much but I was passing by this bakery and thought maybe we could have dinner together?" Her voice quiets toward the end.

"That would be wonderful, thank you, Ladybug." I give her a hug, then invite her to sit.

"Sorry, it's kind of a mess, I was trying to do a school project." I move the papers out of the way.

"By yourself?" She questions.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. Well, I mean I'm supposed to work with my partner but some girl in my class told me my partner isn't the most reliable, and that I should just do it myself, so I guess that's what I'm doing," I ramble. Ladybug's face had fallen into a frown at some point.

"But I don't think she'll leave me hanging! My partner, that is. So you don't need to worry!" I added.

We began eating the may I say, AMAZING bread, as well as the delicious cheese. Ladybug even went and got us some jam. We talked for what felt like hours until the moon was far into the sky above us.

"Well, I had an amazing time, I'd love to come over again sometime, but for now, I have to go." Ladybug gave me a shy wave as she hopped off my terrace.

I am stuffed. I have a dumb smile on my face, I don't even need to look in a mirror to see it. All I can do is plop onto my bed and slip into the best food coma of my life.

- Love u all thanks for reading !!!!!!!!

- word count 1103