Chapter 1

As I'm lying in my bed, my mom Naomi barges into my room, the door slamming against the wall echoes in my ears. The sounds of her footsteps are heavy as she approaches and it makes me cower back in fear. She grabs me by the hair in a tight grip that makes me gasp and whimper in pain, and starts screaming at me. "Get your ass up and go cook breakfast!"

"Yes ma'am."

She roughly lets my hair go and then leaves my room and I go to take a shower. I turned the water and set it to warm and stepped inside. The feeling of the water cascading down my body was comforting and such a relief. I washed my hair with watermelon shampoo and conditioner. The scent gave off a sweet, but fruity aroma that was refreshing. After showering, I returned to my room. Picking out my outfit, I get dressed. The feeling of the clothes on my skin sends a smile to my face. It's not too much and it fits just right. Just how I like it. Once dressed, I slick my hair up in a tight, but not too tight bun and go upstairs to fix breakfast. I decided to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon. So, I started with the eggs first. I cracked them into a bowl and began whisking them briefly with a fork. Soon the aroma of sizzling bacon filled the air as I placed it in a pan and let it cook. I wanted it to be crispy. Then, I started with the pancakes. I poured the pancake batter onto a hot griddle, watching it bubble and rise as it cooked to a golden brown. The sweetness of the pancakes blended well with the savory aroma of the eggs and bacon creating an appetizing mixture of aromas. I flipped the pancakes and cooked the other side until they were fluffy and evenly browned. The eggs were scrambled in another pan before being plated, and the bacon was piled onto another plate. Finally, I served up breakfast with a smile proud of my ability to make a delicious meal, even with the fear and stress burning inside of me. My stomach growled just looking at all of the food I made, but sadly I'm only allowed to eat when I'm at school.

I stand off to the side as the pack comes down for breakfast. You can hear their heavy footsteps and the boards creaking as they come down. Since they believe I'm frail and incapable of shifting, they all throw me hostile stares. You can just feel the tension in the air as they sit down. The sound of the chairs scratching the floor as they scoot up into their seats. Not long after, the soon-to-be Alpha, Greyson and Rebecca, the school's biggest slut, came down and sat at the table, giving me the same hostile look as everybody else and the tension in the air increased.

Rebecca was saying something, but I wasn't paying attention as my mind was elsewhere. The next thing I knew, an excruciating pain exploded across my cheek. My head jerked to the side and as I braced myself against the wall, I realized Rebecca had just slapped me.

Rebecca: What are you still doing here, slut?

Me: You're calling me a slut. Really? Rebecca, the last time I checked, I wasn't the one who slept with half the school.

Satisfaction swelled in my chest as I stood up to her, but it was short-lived. Before I could even process what was happening, she shoved me to the ground with a force that knocked the wind out of me. As I gasped for air, Rebecca's foot slammed into my ribs, sending a tremendous amount of pain through my body.

Greyson appeared beside her, his arm wrapped tightly around her waist as he hovered over me. His glare was cold and calculated, sending a shiver down my spine. "Don't you ever disrespect your soon to be Luna again," he spat, each word dripping with maliciousness. The fear in my gut turned to anger as I glared back at him, but I knew that challenging them any further would only make things worse."

Me: Yes Alpha.

They all left me lying on the ground and went to school. I gained all the strength that I could and stood up. Even though I was in a lot of pain, I grabbed my bookbag and ran to school.

 Even though I was in a lot of pain, I grabbed my bookbag and ran to school