Chapter ten: Who is she?

Start from the beginning

"Can I go play with my friends?" Jax asks.

"Sure. Just call me if you get scared or when you want to be picked up."

Jax nods.

Lexi gets a device that is similar to a glow stick and firework combined and hands it to Jax. "If you get lost, I would know where to find you," she tells them. She also hands them a pistol and shows them how to use it. "If anyone ever f####s with you or hurts you, you whether call me, signal me, I shoot them or you do it, but it's totally up to you"

Jax feels it and plays with the device. "Thanks."

Lexi smiles. They go to the car Lexi checks if she has any extra bullets in the center console. She drives Jax to the soccer park where their friends are playing.  Lexi parks in a secluded spot gets on her phone, hooks it up to her computer. She gets on the inter dimensional radar she puts search for new beings, the radar starts beeping and pointing at the club. Lexi gets out of the car and hides the computer. She follows the radar on her phone to the club. Loud music is playing, large crowds of people are dancing, drinking, talking, passing drugs like hot potato, although it's only lunchtime, it's never too late or early for Sunsyn addicts, the bitter chemical citrus smell is all throughout the club with cigarette smoke. 

Lexi hides her phone, puts the radar on vibrate, and stops at the bar. "Just pour me something strong," she demands.

The bartender gets scared when she loudly puts her head on the bar and lays lazily on it. The bartender nods and pours her a cup of a mixed drink. The drink is bright red, sweet  like blood, exactly what Lexi likes. Lexi licks her lips and chuckles. "I  'preciate it."

She takes a sip and plays with a straw. The radar buzzes moments later when Lexi finishes her drink. A tan skinned, purple eyed girl with short black and red dyed hair in a white buttoned shirt and a gray vest with gray dress pants, brown dress shoes, and white gloves sits beside her. "Pour me a cup of vodka," the girl says.

Lexi looks at the girl and the girl looks at her, but looks back at the bartender, not even a word of acknowledgment from Lexi or her to one another.  "You thugs just don't know how to ask nicely, don't ya?" the bartender comments.

"Aww c'mon, talk. Who got you in a bad mood?" the girl asks.

"Everyone just bosses me around here just because they think they rule this city," the bartender tells her.

Lexi scoffs. "Because we do. It's been like that for centuries."

The bartender pours the vodka.

"So, you're the crime lord, huh?" the girl asks.

"Yeah," Lexi replies. She laughs awkwardly as she stares into the purple eyes.

The girl walks in the crowds Lexi follows her into the crowd then out of the club. Lexi pins her against the wall in an alley, grabs her neck, uses all her strength. The girl starts choking on her blood, but manages to point her gun at Lexi's head. "Any last words?"

Lexi chuckles with a flirtatious smile. "I should be asking you that, darling."

"Totally fair for a serial killer and just a hitman," the girl comments.

"Don't give me that pity. What's your name? Who sent you?"

The girl introduces herself, "V Wren, DTPD," then she stays silent.

"You're playing that game, huh?" Lexi asks.

She tries to choke her again, V falls to the ground like a rag doll. Lexi repeatedly punches her, but V hits her with a gun and left a bump on Lexi's forehead. Lexi rubs it.   V leans on the wall and passes out. Lexi kicks her slightly to make sure she's unconscious. Lexi carries the girl to her car and drives back to the apartment.