Satoru chuckled and pat (M/N)'s head, studying his features. He nodded and quietly said, "And Nanami?"
(M/N) tensed beneath his grasp and his confused eyes locked with Satoru's. The white-haired man leaned down and breathily whispered into (M/N)'s ear, "I was watching from the window. How is it that you and Nanami ended up covered in the same curse goop when.." he trailed off and leaned back with a smirk. "...You didn't fight any curses."

(M/N) gulped and looked up and into Satoru's eyes, his sunglasses not providing nearly enough cover to shield (M/N) from them. He wanted to melt into his bed and hide there for a while, avoid this conversation that he himself didn't know how to approach - especially with his best friend. "I, uhm.. he helped me with the kids, and getting them.. getting them training weapons," he replied softly.
Satoru cocked an eyebrow and (M/N) tried to shake it off, gently shoving Satoru off him and sitting up straight. "It was a tight space, y'know? And- and I couldn't pull the katana out the rack because I was like, spiraling with anxiety, or whatever."

"Like you are right now?"

(M/N) frowned and glared at Satoru, who held up his hands with a playful grin. "So what, you guys got a lil handsy in that tight space?" He teased, but was surprised - and a bit annoyed - to see the way (M/N)'s face turned pink. "Sunshine?"

"I don't know, Satoru," (M/N) huffed, standing up and approaching his window. He stared out at the stars and Satoru joined him. "I'm not- I'm not trying to have any commitments while I'm here. I am eventually going back to Okinawa, y'know," he reminded his best friend, who clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. "And even if Kento and I got into some kind of.. entanglement, it would be weird, wouldn't it?"

"I certainly think so," Satoru replied, crossing his arms and leaning them on the windowsill. "Especially knowing the fact you're mine."

(M/N) looked at him with a deadpan gaze, but saw the sad droop to Satoru's usual smile. "Satoru, we both know that's not true," he murmured while turning back to the stars. "I'm only your best friend. Our hearts don't belong to one another."

"What?" Satoru gaped, looking at (M/N) as if he were stupid. "Mine's always lied with yours, no matter where in Japan- no, the world, where you are. You're the only one I've ever-"

"Satoru. Getou."

He paused and met with (M/N)'s bittersweet gaze. He grimaced and shook his head, now refusing to look at the other man. "He's gone. I have nothing there for him, (M/N)," he said through gritted teeth.

(M/N) raised an eyebrow and put a hand on Satoru's shoulder. "I don't think that's true. So, why don't you tell me what actually happened between you two?" He suggested, and Satoru huffed and stared at the windowsill as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. "Satoru-"

"I said no. We had differences and he abandoned the school, me-" and with that, Satoru's chest hitched with a heavy breath. (M/N) rubbed his back and watched as his face twisted with saddened fury. "He's.. he's nothing to me. I hate Suguru Getou, I-"

"If that were true, you wouldn't be trying to rush life along so quickly."

Satoru whipped his head back up to meet (M/N)'s gaze, confused. "If you really hated him, you'd be taking the time to accept why you did. You don't hate him, you just miss him, and you want to act like you don't," (M/N) explained, looking up at the stars.
"That's why I had to leave. I was so angry at and scared of the world that I needed the time to be alone and process why. I found my peace in Okinawa and had really moved on until someone reeled me back in," he continued, looking at his friend with a smile. "So, Satoru, tell me why you think you hate Suguru Getou, and why you're so desperate to think our hearts do not lie with others."