in vino veritas

After another hour or two, the Fushiguro siblings were sleeping in their respective bedrooms

After another hour or two, the Fushiguro siblings were sleeping in their respective bedrooms. As (M/N) shelved Megumi's lion storybook, he heard a gentle knock at the door. He turned his head and saw Gojou standing there, dressed in his casual black long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and sunglasses. "You got them to sleep," he said quietly.

"I got Megumi to sleep," (M/N) corrected, walking over to his friend. "Tsumiki fell asleep as soon as she hit her bed. Nanami said something about that poor girl being exhausted, bless her heart."

Gojou nodded and shut the door to Megumi's room behind (M/N). He placed a hand on (M/N)'s waist and said, "Shall we head to Principal Yaga's office then, my dear?"

"We shall," (M/N) chuckled. The two walked in comfortable silence to the office, the gap between them slim. "How was your mission?" He decided to ask.

"It went well. Got it done in thirty minutes flat," Satoru boasted with a grin. (M/N) rolled his eyes and laughed as they turned a corner, reaching the office door. "... Y'know, we don't haveee to go inside. Let's go to a bar, get tipsy, have some fun!" He whined, hand grazing over (M/N)'s back in a chilling manner. (M/N) shivered as his cheeks turned red, and before he could argue, a voice appeared behind them.

"Don't even think about it, Gojou."

The two turned to see Yaga behind them, along with the other staff members. "Dude, where do you come from?!" Gojou exclaimed, moving to the side so everyone could go inside the office. Once everyone was inside, the door shut, and he and (M/N) turned to Yaga with pouts on their faces. "So, what's the big deal?"

Yaga sat down at his desk, looked at all of the former students, then laced his hands together in front of him in contemplation. "While I am glad the Fushiguro's have been found and made comfortable and safe, I'm afraid we face a larger problem," he spoke. (M/N) looked at Satoru with worried eyes, causing him to look back at his friend and give him a wink to try and ease his nerves. "The Zenin clan has reached out and expressed their.. displeasure with our intervention in the sale of Megumi."

Shoko scoffed. "Megumi is a child, not some item to be sold," she pointed out. "They can be as displeased as they want, they're not getting him."

"I don't believe it's that simple," Nanami piped up, crossing his arms. "The Zenin clan purchased Megumi for a good amount of money, knowing their interest in whatever his cursed technique is. They won't allow such a transaction to go uncomplete."

(M/N) furrowed his brows as his anger began to rise inside him. He snapped, "That's their fault then! They should've seized him as soon as the transaction was completed. It's unethical to take him now after he's already cultivated a childhood."

"(L/N), calm yourself. Do not forget your position after all these years," Yaga ordered, shooting the man a look. (M/N) shrank in on himself and nodded. "Regardless of the fairness of the situation, the Zenin clan has made it clear that they want the child. The clan head and some of the family members will be coming by Jujutsu Tech in the coming days to discuss the matter at hand."