luctor et emergo

After feeding Megumi and Tsumiki a heavy meal of hotpot, the group was finally on the way to their new home

After feeding Megumi and Tsumiki a heavy meal of hotpot, the group was finally on the way to their new home. (M/N) was lost in thought about the children, eventually turning to his best friend, who was on his phone. "Satoru, what's going to happen to their education? They're too young for Jujutsu Tech's education system," He whispered, gently rubbing circles on a sleepy Megumi's back.

"They'll keep attending regular school, don't worry, Sunshine," Satoru replied calmly, an arm slung around Tsumiki's sleeping frame. "It's just our responsibility to take them there everyday."

"Easy enough," (M/N) hummed. "What about Megumi's jujutsu training? We haven't learned what his technique is yet."

"Nope, but we'll wait until the weekend to find that out. They've already had an odd week - let's give 'em time," Satoru said. (M/N) looked at him with a bit of surprise. "What?"

(M/N) smiled and ruffled Gojou's messy hair. "For someone that was so hellbent on getting him to learn jujutsu, you're sure lightening up," he remarked. "Are my skills with children rubbing off on you, Satoru?" He teased.

Gojou's face went a bit pink with embarrassment. However, he swiftly recovered and smirked. "Never," he whispered back, leaning closer to (M/N)'s fact. "But are my flirting skills rubbing off on you, (M/N)?" He teased in return.
They stared each other down, the tension growing. Their faces were mere centimeters apart, eyes scanning features. "Y'know, I really missed you," Satoru whispered. (M/N) felt his ears grow hot, breath growing a bit uneven. "It wasn't until you were gone that I realized-"

"We're here!" Ijichi announced as he swung the car door open for everyone to step out. "Oh goodness-!" He yelped at the sight, covering his eyes. Satoru and (M/N) quickly separated, both embarrassed at being caught. "W-Well, I- uhm, kids! Wake up!"

Megumi grumbled and slowly opened his eyes, his arm still tightly wrapped around his Komodo dragon plushie. He looked out the door and his eyes widened in awe. "Woah," he whispered.

Tsumiki copied her stepbrother's actions and gasped. "It's beautiful!" She remarked, quickly climbing out the car. Megumi followed behind her, running up to the gates. "We get to live here?!"

"Yep!" (M/N) laughed, getting out the car with Satoru and shutting the door behind him. "Let's not let that happen again," he whispered to his companion with a knowing look. "I missed you as well, Satoru, but that's all."

Gojou pouted and shrugged. "Sure, Sunshine," he said back. "We'll see about that," he hummed, smirking. They got Megumi and Tsumiki's bags out the trunk and turned to head to the gate, seeing Nanami and Shoko waiting there. "Nanamin, Shoko!" He greeted cheerfully.

"Good to see you guys were successful," Shoko said, looking down at the two kids. "Hello, you two."

"Hi," Tsumiki politely greeted, bowing to the adults. Megumi was quiet until she gently nudged him, causing him to quietly murmur a 'hello' and bow. "Do you all live here as well?"