Chapter 2 - Reunion

Start from the beginning

"I'll assemble a team," Anakin decides immediately.

Obi-Wan rises, crossing the room towards them. "I'm going with you." Things may have gotten somewhat better since the Hardeen incident, but there's still a lot of tension between them at times. It certainly doesn't help that Obi-Wan has just spent the past fifteen minutes studiously contradicting everything Anakin has to say, and annoying Ahsoka to her wits end.

"What, you don't trust me?" Anakin asks, a flare of hurt rushing through their bond.

"Too much," the Jedi Master insists, "That's what worries me." Personally, Ahsoka doesn't believe a word he just said, but she won't object. They don't need to start an argument, not when they're about to head back into battle.

Ahsoka tries to let her frustration at the way the Council is always acting fade away as the three of them head out of the Council chambers. She's going to be seeing Lux again, after so long. She doesn't want her irritation to ruin this. If the Jedi are going to start doing things like this, it will help speed the war to an end faster. If it works on Onderon, it could in other places as well.

"Ahsoka?"

But Lux. She's going to see him again. It's been some time, and things have changed, life has kept moving, but they'll be together again. Not only that but working together. She doesn't know how long, though it could easily end up dragging on for a while.

And all that time, she'll get to spend with him. She knows there's no way either of them can act on their feelings for one another and seeing each other again may only make it harder, but still. Despite the months which have passed, she still loves Lux as much as she did when they parted. Hopefully, he feels the same, but based on the look of affection he'd cast in her direction at the end of the call, Ahsoka's quite certain that he does. That makes her heart pound a little faster, and she carefully keeps her feelings shielded, hoping that no one can pick up on them.

She still doesn't know what to do about it, though, because she can't imagine any life outside the Order, even if the war were over and she was Knighted. But she doesn't really want to keep ignoring how she feels towards Lux indefinitely either.

"Snips?"

She jumps slightly. Oops. Was she really that distracted? "Yes, Master?" she replies, montrals flushing with embarrassment.

"Did you hear a word I said?" He seems more amused than annoyed, thankfully.

"Um..."

***

Lux is both anxious and excited when he hears that the Jedi have arrived. They're about to get the help they so badly need to free their planet. Finally. It's not going to be easy, but at least they'll be able to start learning what they need to know. And he's about to be reunited with Ahsoka. Hopefully.

He spots her almost immediately among the group of Jedi and their clone captain but doesn't get a chance to talk to her immediately, since they get right down to business. Admittedly, focusing on the Jedi's instructions on how to 'more efficiently' conduct their fight is more important right now, so he'll be patient.

"I'll show you how the 501st destroy clankers," Captain Rex declares, stepping forwards, "First, I need volunteers to carry supplies from our entry point a half-klick west."

"Shouldn't be a problem," Saw agrees.

"Excellent," Rex replies as the others start scattering.

Lux turns to follow them, soon finding himself walking next to Ahsoka while the other Jedi remain behind talking. Although from the animated nature of the conversation, maybe they're actually arguing, he's not really sure. "Lux, it's so good to see you again," she says with a smile.