pile of old books

Start from the beginning

"how did you call me?"

"oh... nerd?" she shrugged her shoulders. "you called me your nerd..." he mutters. then the girl finds herself smiling.

"yeah, cause... you are... my nerd... sorta..." she jokes but his eyes seem to be confused. "you dont like that?" she says in an attempt to play it cool.

"no! i- i like that... a lot..." he confesses and again silence fills the room. they were both staring deeply into each other knowing that something exists there but not knowing what to do about it.

then her phone ringing completely destroyed the atmosphere.

"i have to pick it up..." she awkwardly giggles and wonwoo nods. as soon as she hears her brother on the other side starts to think about murder scenarios.

which should she choose for him.

"hey seokmin..." she hears him talking on the other line.

"you re kidding right? aghhh guess i have to take a bus now, thanks a lot!" she hung up on him.

"i-i have to go..." she gets up.

"isnt he coming to pick you up?" wonwoo also gets up to follow her concerned.

"i am taking the bus after all! its okay..." she grabs her bag from the floor and gathers her things.

"but its late, its dangerous!" he annoumces and the girl brushes it off. "nah, i'll be fine!" she smiles.

"i am not letting you go alone, i-i ll come with you... wait..." he leaves the room to go and bring his coat.

"hey wait-" he was no longer in the room. after a while he returns to find her sitting on his bed.

"you came here just wearing that?"

"well, havent you seen me already?" she teases him. "yeah, because i did i brought an extra coat, its freezing!" he gives it to her.

"i am fi-"

"we are not leaving if i dont see you wear it!" he announces without even looking her. he was busy unplugging things. the girl scoffed qnd put the coat on once she was basically forced to.

once she was now standing with one of his coats on he found himself staring.

"shall we now?" she asks.

"w-we shall!" he announces and the girl clears the way for him. they meet the hus station but it was not there yet. the girl was tuggijg herself in her pockets, freezing to death.

"is someone cold?" wonwoo teases her and the girl rolls her eyes. "of course not!" she lies.

"i can see your breath when you talk and you still dare to lie to me?" he asks and she rolls her eyes. then he decided to take off the scarf he was wearing and wear it around her neck.

"what are you d-"

"hush, you are gonna be sick tomorrow!" he wrapps it well. "and what about you?"

"i am already sick... sick of taking care of you chippy!" he doesnt loses a chamce of a smart remark. "if i hear a single cough tomorrow get ready to die!" she threatens him..

the both stop this insult war as soon as they watch the bus coming closer.

as soon as they walk in wonwoo finds them two seats and forces the girl to sit closer to the window so he can take the other seat closer to the rest of the passengers - even though at these hour only three people were on the bus.

wonwoo was determined to protect the girl even from them!

___

nothing happened even though wonwoo was prepared for the worst case scenario.

now they were walking down souless roads.

"wont you be afraid to return alone?" she asks. "nah, who would dare to mess with me!?" he seems playful again, making the girl chuckle.

"the mighty wonwoo..." she adds and now wonwoo chuckles. he drops her right in front of her door step.

"thanks for bringing me home..." she smiles.

"anytime..." he answers back with a polite smile. the girl slowly approaches the door and opens. she had to say so many things to her but something was pulling her back.

"b-bye..." she bows awkwardly.

"bye..." he bows too. the girl walks in quickly and closes the door. thats when she realizes how much of a fool she is.

a solid minute passes with her thinking of what she should do. she instinctively opens the door and finds wonwoo ready to knock.

"you... you didnt leave?" she asks surprised.

"i have to say something!" he announces and the girl nods. "me too! she was about to confess but she did the mistake and said:

"go first!"

"today, i- i... you are an amazing player!" he fakes an excuse cause he wanted to say something completely different.

"o-oh u-um really?"

"yes, you played the character in such a gracefull and artistic way i..." he realized he probably sounds like an idiot.

"all i am trying to say is... you are amazing..." he finally found the strengh to say it.

"do you really believe that?" she takes a step closer. "how can i not....?" he whispers getting lost in her eyes once again.

"what did you want to say?" he then remembers. "t-that you are an ace? at origamis?" she lies. "oh and i thought i failed most of the times..."

"all of the times..." she whispers to herself.

"what?" he didnt manage to catch her last phrase. "i am just trying to say..." silence for a moment.

"you are amazing..." she says right back and they lock eyes once again. they both could feel the sparks igniting. all wonwoo did was slowlt smile.

she loved that fetching smile of his.

"t-then i guess... we are both... amazing..." he takes a step closer to her, his one hand ready to cup hers. he was finally ready to make his first move.

"yeri?" her brother.

"whay are you doing here?" she hisses towards him. "oh hi wonwoo!" she waves at her friend.

"hello..." he smiles sympathetically.

"you in, wonwoo see you tomorrow at school!"

"cant wait!" he smiles while taking some steps backwards. it felt like they were both on the same page even thought they were still doubting a lot of things.

♡♡♡

bonus scene:

when wonwoo heard seokmin cant come take the girl, he immediately felt scared to let her go.

he let her in his room and went to prepare himself to take her home instead.

thats when he saw an extra coat on the couch. he forgot it there probably. then her image getting cold actually worried him so much.

should he?

hesitantly he grabs it and finds a smile creeping on his lips. and once he offered it he couldnt hide how happy he was every time he was peeking at her on their way home.

once again she was wearing someone that belonged to him and it was adorable.