Chapter 9: The Deity Of Wine Making

Start from the beginning

She's now craving for good meat, fluffy bread, and unsalted water. Lucky for Hephaestus and Aphrodite, since they are both Deities, they don't need to eat.

"I want meat," Asche mumbled.

Hephaestus shrugs his shoulders.

"Forest nymphs usually eat vegetables and water for their meal," Hephaestus mentioned. "It was strange that you like meat."

"You know nothing about Nymphs, of course, we can eat meat," Asche told him with a teasing smile on her lips. "Forest Nymphs are omnivores. We can eat plants and different types of meat. In fact, we can also eat Humans."

Hephaestus' eyes went wide after hearing those words. He took a step backward with a frightened look on his face.

"What are you talking about?" Hephaestus asked. "Demeter will not allow that kind of transgression among her forest Nymphs!"

"Of course not! But there are a few bad Forest Nymphs who ate humans,"  Asche laughed. "And they were punished by Demeter secretly. I just heard it from a fellow nymph, but I bet it's all true."

"Why would they even eat humans?" Hephaestus mumbled.

"I know right? That's disgusting. That's why you should be proud of me because I only like to eat cooked animal meat," Asche teased the Deity. "You can consider me weird, but I am not insane."

Hephaestus frowned while shaking his head.

He's used to Asche's doubtful humor and behavior. After all, she is a weird Nymph since the very beginning.

Just weird, not insane...

"Mother, did you know that Ocean nymphs such as mermaids eat Humans too?" A high-pitched tone suddenly joined their conversation. "They offered me to eat one when I woke up from my shell."

Asche glanced at Aphrodite when she heard her speak. A smile appeared on her face when she saw the young deity's glittering eyes.

Aphrodite was finally awake.

"Good morning, Aphrodite," Asche greeted the young Goddess. "Did you sleep well?"

Aphrodite pouted her lips as she hugged her mother tightly. 

Asche giggled when she saw the pink tint on Aphrodite's cheeks.

She's cute.

"I did..." Aphrodite replied.

AHEM!

Asche and Aphrodite glanced at Hephaestus when he cleared his throat. They both looked at him with confusion.

"Did you accept the human meat?" Hephaestus suddenly asked with a genuinely concerned reaction on his face.

Asche paused before glaring at the Deity.

"What kind of question is that? Of course, Aphrodite won't eat human meat," Asche told to Hephaestus. "Correct, Aphrodite? You didn't eat it right?"

Asche stared at Aphrodite intently.

Aphrodite blinked twice before answering her question.

"I was going to---" Aphrodite paused when Asche gasped. "But their food looked disgusting and unappetizing, that's why instead of eating it, I threw it away and I punished the impertinent mermaids for serving me such foods. After all, I value good quality the most."

Asche breathed in relief as soon as she heard that. Of course, Aphrodite is the Goddess of Beauty, she won't be tricked to eat such food...

But according to greek mythology, Demeter was tricked into eating human flesh once...