4 | The Pack War and the Gray Wolf

Start from the beginning

"Peace will be brought back once she's gone. She has brought this to us. She's really a curse!"

"She's only a child! A baby! If she's your child, would you want someone to kill her? An innocent one?" Sherrie was talking sense into them.

"Enough of this! Who's with me?!" The alpha glared at me in challenge, his eyes swirling blue letting me know his wolf was coming out. Some of the pack came to the alpha's side while some came to our side in defense.

"You will regret this day, Alpha Armann. I promise you that." The royal guard said his final words before he shifted into a big black wolf with scars decorated on his skin. Female warriors from our pack who understood what we were trying to fight also shifted. Growls began to go louder and hackles were raised.

"No one will hurt my pack." My former leader said and some of his werewolves howled in agreement.

"No one will hurt my child." I growled back. My claws began to grow and I stood in my fighting stance. I can see the doctors and nurses stepping away from the impending war. Those who didn't want to join us took a step back, fear evident in their eyes.

"This is war." He snarled and the oracle behind me gasped.

"No. It's happening." She whispered before I heard the loud cry of a baby.

"Krian!" I said and the royal guard who is now a wolf nudged me to go inside.

"Thank you." I said and Sherrie grabbed me by the arm and took me inside the hospital. A second later, I heard a fight break out.

"Something is wrong with the baby but I don't know what it is." The doctor informed me when we arrived. The two royal guards stood guard outside the room.

"Björn! What's happening?!" Lilja cried as she cradled our baby.

"Alpha Armann is trying to enter and take her away"

"No! I-I can't afford to lose her."

"You won't."

"What do you mean, Sherrie?" My wife asked in confusion. I was curious and confused at what she said too.

"This won't end well if she stays here." She said and I strongly disagreed to what I sensed was her incoming suggestion.

"No. That's not a possibility. She's not leaving our side."

"But what if she leaves you, she's safer? I am doing this to protect her and the pack. You have to trust me. I trust the Moon Goddess for this. She won't give this to your child unless she needs her. I can feel it. Trust me." She said and my wife kissed Krian's forehead lovingly, her tears like rainfall on her cheeks. My wife was crying. Our baby was still crying. I was crying.

"Promise me, Sherrie. She will be safe." I looked at her and saw the determination and the truth in her eyes.

"Yes, she will be. She will grow into a beautiful woman, Lilja."

"Who will come and take her."

"That's where you come in. I have seen a werewolf in my vision just staring at me and Krian but it didn't do anything. I can't participate in this any longer or the Goddess will change what I have seen. I have done my part."

"Okay." I went out of the building using the fire exit and luckily, the fight was focused on the front entrance. I scanned the area and saw a gray wolf watching the bloody fight before him. It's an omega. I requested one of the guards to make him come here and a few moments later, he was in front of me back in his human form and he wore jeans only. He was in his teens probably at 18 or so and he might be new to being in a wolf form.