4 | The Pack War and the Gray Wolf

En başından başla

I can hear my wife trying to calm my daughter down but due to the commotion, she couldn't stop. I sensed other people coming. Nurses and doctors shouted at us to stop and royal guards made their way towards us. With their strength, they pulled the three men away from us. I saw another royal guard speaking on the phone with a grim face.

"Who ordered you to come here?" The royal guard tugged the collar of one of the assaulters and brought him face to face with him.

"The- the Alpha." He admitted and the royal guard growled before he slammed him against the wall then threw him to the side like a ragged doll. I heard grunts and growls coming outside the royal guard and bit back a curse before he ordered two men to guard us.

"I'm coming with you." I told him and he nodded. I followed him outside and was shocked to see the Alpha and his beta pushing the royal guards so they could come inside the hospital. People started gathering around and I could smell the growing fear and confusion in the crowd.

They were confused about whom to side with. The royal guards sent by the Alpha King or their Alpha.

"Stop this, Alpha Armann, or I will see to it that you will face the wrath of the Alpha King." The royal guard ordered, his voice demanding and powerful. His wolf showed, dominating against the goons of the Alpha but it didn't stand a chance to the true power of Alpha Armann.

"I would rather not risk my people killing everyone than fucking obey what the King said! Why can't anyone see that I am only trying to protect my pack against that freak?! Once she's gone, the King will understand." His voice was so deep with anger and resentment. I balled my hands into fists at the threat.

"Watch your language, Alpha Armann." The royal guard warned. The irate leader stopped struggling once he noticed the growing number of witnesses. It was 15 minutes to one in the morning and they could have been woken up because of the disturbance.

"Ancient Howler pack!" He had a smug look on his face as he called the attention of his people.

"Björn's child is born and she is cursed by the Moon to kill everyone! Once she speaks, death will be upon us all!" He spoke loudly and people began to look at me with fear. The hair on my skin began to stand, chills down my spine as I feared for my daughter's life. I knew how important pack is. They will listen to the alpha.

"Don't listen to him!" I shouted and the pack growled at me. They began to come near us and I heard a royal guard ask for reinforcements behind me.

"Do you want that? Do you want to die? Do you want to wait until she speaks and we will all die?" He was convincing the pack and they're taking the bait.

"Please don't listen to him. The Moon Goddess told us not to harm my child. The Alpha King ordered not to harm my daughter. Please listen to our King. We will have a solution soon. Please! I'm begging you!"

"When is 'soon'? For the good of the pack, listen to me!" He commanded. I was so angry at him and I didn't obey his command anymore.

"Think of the children! Think of your future. Do you want his daughter to fulfill the prophecy? Do you want to wait until it is too late?"

"No!" Some answered agreeing to the alpha.

"Then we must act before it is too late!"

"Noooooo!" The oracle screamed at the top of her lungs and everybody looked at her in shock.

"If you do this, war will come. I have seen war being brought to the pack because of the division of your opinions. Please! Do not do anything that will destroy what our ancestors have built. Whoever harms the child opposes the Moon Goddess. She spoke to us. She told us not to harm the child. She will be the protector of us all."