Chapter 13- Saturday

When qualifying came after FP3 the next day, Lando was nowhere to be seen. Oscar had just been at Haas hanging out with Mick, and when he got back to Mclaren, got told to go and find his teammate. He went to the hospitality unit as he needed to go there himself, but Lando wasn't there. When Oscar went to head back to the Mclaren garage, he saw his fellow Aussie on the grid.

'Hey Danny'
'Oscar mate, how you doing'
'Fine fine, you haven't seen Lando by any chance have you?'
'Sorry mate, can't say I have but I'll send him over to you if I do'
'Thanks for that Danny'
'No problem'

Oscar got back to the Mclaren garage and went through to the back, to where the drivers rooms are situated. He looked in Lando's room first and there was nobody there. Just in case, Oscar checked his own room as they had been known to wait in the room of the other driver. Lando wasn't in there either. Oscar was about to give up and search elsewhere when he heard a noise coming from their shared bathroom next to the drivers rooms.
He tried the handle to the bathroom after knocking and getting no response. To his surprise the handle was unlocked so he opened the door. In front of him he found Lando on the floor in front of the toilet shaking and crying.

'Oh shit, Lando Lando hey what's up buddy'

Oscar hurried over to the side of his teammate who was in visible distress having a panic attack. He put his arm around Lando and pulled his trembling teammate close to his chest. Unfortunately Oscar had never delt with anyone having a panic attack before so had no idea what to do.

'Lando, I have no idea how to help you, so what do people usually do to help'
'L...L....Lewis'
'You want me to get Lewis'
'N...n...no'
'Okay then, what should i do'
'H....h....he ca-can help y..you with what t...to do'

Oscar reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone to ring Lewis.

'Ah, good afternoon Oscar, I heard from Danny that you were looking for Lando, have you found him yet'
'Yes, but he's having a massive panic attack and i dont know what to do'
'Just try and help him to steady his breathing, keep physical contact with him as it helps to calm him down and keep the environment calm so don't stat panicking as it will make him worse'
'Okay, thanks Lewis'
'No worries'

'Lando, okay I just want you to try and calm your breathing'
'H..h...help'
'Do you want me to do it with you'

Lando nodded

'Okay ready in for 3 out for 4'

Slowly Lando's breathing came back under control and he buried his head in Oscar's chest. Oscar rubbed Landos back and when Lando had fully calmed down Oscar started speaking

'Lando, we have to go out for qualifying soon, do you feel up to it or not'
'Y...yeah I should b....be fine'
'Okay, come on let's go and get ready then'
'O...okay, and Oscar'
'Hmm'
'Th...thanks'
'That's what I'm here for'

Oscar and Lando left the bathroom and went their separate ways into their drivers room to get ready for qualifying.