before we begin (please read)

Este here :) Sorry about the authors note, but I wanted to make sure I put it out before you went any further. 

This story, about the girl named Claire Perkins, is somewhat of a dramatization of my actual life. It reflects my authentic struggles as a young woman trying to flourish in the ways of the Lord. 

THAT BEING SAID: the beliefs and standards that Claire holds herself to similarly reflect mine. I know that some of y'all are about to get offended as you realize that Claire holds some, shall we say, unpopular beliefs. 

I don't expect any of you dear readers to have the same standards Claire has. Please do not think that because of my beliefs, you are not welcome here. This is a story about peer pressure, and peer pressure is developed because of unpopular beliefs. If you disagree with Claire and I, that's completely ok! I'd love to have polite conversations with you about why you believe what you believe! But please, I beg of you, don't attack me, my beliefs, and my religion simply because they disagree with yours. 

I was inspired by this story after feeling like no one could possibly relate to what I was going through. I wrote it in hopes that, even if the details of my story are different from yours, at least someone would be able to identify themselves with Claire in some way. 

Let this authors note serve as three things:

1. A reminder that you are never truly alone in what you're going through, and even when all hope feels lost, there's always someone who understands. 

2. A disclaimer that you will probably disagree with me, and I will probably disagree with you, and as long as we're both being respectful of each other, that's completely okay!

and 3. A polite-yet-firm request that no belief-attacking will take place. 

Love you all, and I hope you enjoy!

xox, esther.