32 - Love Language

Start from the beginning

She made a mental note to look into these love languages in more detail, but as Alexa combed through the website, she learned that she was very much an 'acts of service' sort of person.

Alexa
Wow. Yeah.
Guess I'm an acts of service sort of gal.
Look at that...
You learn something new everyday.

Chris
Well then, you're welcome.

Alexa
What's your love language then?

Chris
I'd say I'm a big physical touch/quality time person.

Alexa
Quality time must be hard with your job and how much you travel

Ugh. I shouldn't have said that. Nothing like a shitty reminder to the guy who's love language is quality time that he can't fulfill himself to his fullest often. Way to fucking go, Lex.

Chris
Yeah, but I think that's what makes it all the more special
I always cherish whatever time I have with my friends and family

After reading that text, Alexa put her hoodie covered palm to her cheek and felt the heat of it through the fabric. Chris hadn't been in the city very long...and was there for work. Yet he still made time to spend with her. And even now, in this early morning hour...he could be doing anything...talking to anyone, but he was spending his time talking to her.

Alexa
True true
Wait. What's your answer to the question of the day? What instantly makes your day better?

Chris
Dodger

Alexa tossed her head back into the couch cushion and awed out loud. God he's so fucking cute. I wished I loved anyone or anything as much as Chris loved Dodger.

Alexa
Stoppppp

Chris
It's true
I fucking love that dog man

Alexa
Aww ☺️
How long have you had him?

Chris
I adopted him back in 2017 when I was filming in Savannah. One of the scenes was in a shelter and the minute I saw him there I knew he was coming home with me.

Alexa
Are you trying to make me cry at 8 AM? 😂😭
That's so sweet.

Chris
Just speaking the truth 🤷‍♂️

Alexa
Side note
Surprised you're not already on set

Chris
I am
Well, I'm in the make up trailer.
Don't just wake up with this handsome face

Alexa
yeah okay 😂

Chris