Chapter 108: The Symphony Comes to a Crashing Crescendo

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

"Cornbread yesterday," the leopard complained. "Cornbread today. Let me guess, cornbread tomorrow?"

"Hey man," the alligator server said. "I don't plan the menu, I just make it and serve it."

The cat begrudgingly took the food and turned, walking towards his group. The Maadaragumi had taken a whole section of table for themselves and he walked over to join them. He saw, almost like a cloud, a group of mixed carnivores stood from around them and descended onto them, strangling and stabbing them with the eating utensils. As the guards noticed and moved to stop the attack, another group initiated a small riot to stop them. The alarm sounded, which kept the leopard from hearing his own choking as the person in line behind him wrapped a cloth twice around his throat and squeezed.

He succumbed to the darkness, and his attacker stuck a razor blade in his mouth. Throwing the corpse to the ground and staying low to get away from the guards without being noticed.

~~~~~

"Sorry ladies," the vulture said. "Nothing personal. It's just business."

The Inarigumi had been tricked to file into, and were now trapped inside two cells. Two jugs of oil and grease had been smuggled to the killers from the kitchen and they were poured through the food slots in the doors. The foxes were screaming and pounding on the doors while the vulture lit a match and threw it through one of the slots. The room erupted in flame and the avian lit another, throwing that one into the other slot. The fires burned and the smell of charred fur and melting skin filled the air.

"Tell the boss it's done," the bird said, sliding a few razor blades into the matchbook and throwing it into one of the rooms.

~~~~~

"These are the rules," the officer said, pacing back and forth in front of the new arrivals. "You eat when we tell you to eat. You sleep when we tell you to sleep. There will be two hours of recreational time every day; either outdoors or indoors, take your pick. You must keep the cell clean at all times. Beds must be made and personal effects must be neat and orderly; floor must be spotless."

There was the sound of an alarm ringing throughout the facility. Nakamochi and his fellow ex-board members looked up and around and the guard lecturing them moved both hands to her gun and nightstick.

"Hell of a time for a riot," she muttered. She closed the doors to the processing room and locked them. Once he heard the sound of metal on metal closing as the prison went on lockdown. The oryx felt an odd sensation in his back. The sensation came a few more times before he felt the blood start trickling down his spine. He felt another sensation as a razor blade was stuck into his back. He always knew this was how it was going to end when Razor first showed himself for what he really was. He smirked a little as the warmth spread over his body, enveloping him in the familiar darkness he had already faced once before. Only this time, he was certain he wouldn't wake up in his body-bag.

The CEO had cheated them once before, and death was a sore loser.

~~~~~

"Hell...we got out just in time," Sabu said, looking over his shoulder as he tied his bandana back around his face. The riot lockdown had started just as they left, sealing them outside the walls of the prison. The Shishigumi had finally been let out. Deemed safe for the outside world by the prisons board and the large amount of good behavior reports seen by the DA, they were finally leaving.

"You told Louis right?" Agata asked.

"Don't worry," Dolph said. "Even with the blackout, the mail service is still running. I sent him a letter. He should have gotten it in time and sent that limo."