Chapter 22

Charles and Charlotte have been gone for a while. I was just sitting at the table in silence. "I'll go ask them, if they need help." said Pascale and stood up from the table. "No you can stay, I'll go." I smiled and so did she.

I walk silently inside the house and into the kitchen. Nobody was there. My heart was pounding a bit faster than usual. I got upstairs and heard their voices. I stopped behind the door and listened. "Char, I know this is not good, okay? We messed up. I messed up. She doesn't need to know everything that happened with us." my heart dropped. Us? Really? I felt my eyes getting blurry. "Charles she is my best friend and she trusts me, she will never forgive me." said Charlotte. "I know and she is my girlfriend now, but you know I will always have love for you. Remember what I told you 2 months ago? I will come back for you, but I didn't expect to meet someone new" Charles' words hurt like nothing else right now. Small tears were running down my cheeks. "I want to be with you and it is impossible when Bell is here." said Charlotte. What a friend! I couldn't believe the things I kept hearing. "Look I've missed you, I've missed love. I found her and we fell a bit in love. Her brother died and I had to be there for her, because I know how much it must have hurt and it still does for sure." said Charles. I slowly slid down the wall amd covered my crying face with my hands. "So you will break up with her, when she recovers from everything?" asked Charlotte. "I think I love her Charlotte, it got complicated now." Charles said. "Bella what's happening? Are you okay?!" Arthur appeared next to me. He helped me up and hugged me. I cried in his shirt and he was rubbing my back. "Bella?" Charles walked out of the room with Charlotte behind him. I dried my tears a bit with my sleeves and slowly turned around to face him. "What happened my love?" said Charles and reached out his hand to touch my face. I stepped away. "Don't you dare ever calling me like that again! I fucking hate you! I hate you both!" I shouted at Charles. "What did you hear?!" he said and I instantly knew he is worried. "Everything Charles, I heard every damn sentence and every word. I don't want to see you ever again. I'm out. And you Charlotte? You are not even a friend to me now! You are just a stupid stranger." I said and turned to walk away. I looked at Arthur. I've never seen him like this. He was standing there frozen. He had to be very confused about what has just happened.

I ran downstars, took my handbag and rushed out of the house. I obviously left my suitcase and other things there, because I had no idea, where I'm gonna go.

Charles was blowing up my phone. He has been calling me every minute and it looked like he is not ready to give up. I was walking around Monaco and it was getting darker.

At least I got call from Luisa. "Hii!! How is my beautiful bestfriend doing? How is the vacation with her loverman and his family? Also I have drama to spill!" she said right away. "I would prefer to hear the drama now." I said and I was happy that she can distract me for some time now. I was really exhausted, so I sat down on the pavement and relaxed. "So! Pierre is in Monaco with Lando right now! He is planning on visiting you and Charles too! But that's not the point. The point is that him and Katerina broke up like 2 days ago, because of some problems Lando can't tell me about." said Luisa and I was kinda speechless for a while. "Wow I was not expecting this at all. I hope he will tell me more. I should probably call him. Wait and what did you say? Lando is home in Monaco now?" I asked. "Yep that's right. Also you don't need to call Pierre, he is supposed to come to yall tomorrow. How is Charles' whole fam by the way?! Tell me everything!" I knew she was so excited to hear that, but she definitely wasn't expecting what I was about to tell her. "Ehm I-, I don't even know, where to start." I felt my eyes getting blurry. "Well Charles' family is amazing but what happened is the complete opposite of amazing." I said and wiped a few tears from my cheeks. "Oh Bella, I can hear you crying. What happened?!" she said worried. "It's a long story. Basically Charlotte and Charles have known each other for long time. They even dated or something like 2 months ago, however when she was at my place, they both acted like it's their first time seeing each other. And also Charles told her he still loves her, but now, when I happened to him, it's more complicated to decide his feelings." I sighed. Luisa didn't answer.

"Can you hear Lu?" I asked. "What a fucking dick?! What the hell! How dares he?! I'm coming to burn his house down! How could he do that to you after everything that just have happened to you!?" I knew she was really mad. "Where are you now?! Are you still with him!? Please tell me you did not forgive him!" I laughed a bit through my tears. "No, I'm on the street until I find some place to stay. But i'm going home as soon as the tickets are available." I said. "No! I'm calling Lando. He will pick you up! Ask someone for address and text me immediately!" she said and hanged up. "No Luisa it's okay, I- Luisa?!" I shouted, but she obviously wasn't going to answer. I stood up and went to find someone.

Luckily for me, I found a cool guy, who helped me with the address. Luisa texted me, that Lando is on his way and that I should stay where I am. And that was exactly what I did.