Chapter 16

"You ready?" James asked Amaya. He would be walking her down the aisle since her dad was still in hiding. She nodded and they began walking down.

Amaya looked to the altar to see Sirius looking at the ground. He had his hair combed except one piece had fallen in his face. Amaya lost her breath when she saw him in his tuxedo.

He finally looked up and his mouth opened a bit in surprise. He blinked quickly trying to stop tears from coming. He smiled huge and couldn't take his eyes off of her.

They reached him and he took her hands.

"Wow, you're beautiful." Amaya smiled. The two turned and looked down the aisle as Lily walked down with her dad. James watched her with the biggest smile.

They said their vows and were wed.

***

Sirius and Amaya walk into their new home hand in hand. They just got back from their month-long honeymoon.

"Hey look, we got a letter." Amaya grabbed a letter off of the coffee table and opened it. She read it aloud, "Dear Sirius and Amaya, come over as soon as you read this. It's an emergency!" Lots of love the Potters"

Sirius held out his hand and she grabbed it. The two apparated just outside of Lily and James' house. They rushed to the door and knocked. It swung open and James grabbed the two.

"Oh good! Finally you're here."

"What's going on?" Sirius asked.

"Come in the living room."

They walked into the front room to find Remus and Peter sitting on a couch.

"We have some exciting news! We're going to be parents!" Lily said excitedly while James smiled proudly.

"Oh! Lily, that's wonderful!" Amaya hugged Lily. They all celebrated.

***

Amaya and Sirius were laying on their bed, cuddling and laughing when an owl landed on the window sill. It pecked at the window trying to get their attention.

"Ugh, who could that be writing to us?"

Sirius grabbed the letter and opened it.

'Dear Sirius, even though you have been disowned I thought you deserved to know that your brother Regulus joined the death eaters about four months ago. He was murdered and his funeral is in two days. The address is at the bottom. Your father.'

Sirius stared at the letter not able to process the news.

"What is it? You look upset."

"That stupid idiot! Why would he join?" Sirius was shouting.

"Sirius? What's wrong"

"How could Regulus join the death eaters? He was only sixteen." Sirius said sadly.

"Sirius..."

"He was murdered. I should've never left him there. Maybe if I made him come he wouldn't- he'd still be alive." Sirius was crying at this point. He hated crying but, how could he not?

Amaya wrapped her arms around him and he cried into her chest.

***

"James get out! Only Amaya is allowed." Sirius laughed as James came out of the room with a dazed look.

"How is she doing?" Remus asked.

"She's getting closer."

The boys sat in the living room as they waited for the baby to be born. Every once in a while Amaya would come out, grab something and rush back in.

The boys had all nearly fallen asleep when a baby cried. The four sat up and looked at each other.

Amaya walked out with a smile. "You can come in."

James immediately rushed in followed by the boys. Lily was laying on the bed holding a bundle of blankets.

James had tears in his eyes as he walked over to her. "It's a boy." She said with a smile.

James grabbed the baby and held him close. "He's perfect."

"What are you going to name him?" Peter asked from the door.

"Harry. Harry James Potter." Lily said with a smile.

They all took a turn holding the little baby. Sirius looked into the baby's green eyes with a smile. He wanted this. Sirius looked up to find Amaya watching him with a smile. He smiled back at her and handed Harry to James.

"Will you guys be his godparents?" Lily asked Sirius and Amaya.

"I can't be The Godfather. I'll be the dogfather." He winked at them.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." James said.