Chapter 5

Amaya climbed aboard the Hogwarts train and found an empty compartment.

The marauders walked in and sat down.

"Hey Maya. How are you?" Sirius asked.

"Dad was home. I actually saw him." Amaya whispered so only Sirius could hear, he was the only one who knew how much Amaya wishes her dad were around more.

"That's great."

"Yeah." Amaya muttered and looked out the window. Sirius looked at her concerned but didn't dare ask.

The two rode in silence. Sirius felt a weight land on his shoulder. He looked over to see that Amaya had fallen asleep on him. 'She was beautiful when she slept.' Sirius rested his head on hers and fell asleep as well. When they arrived at Hogwarts they were both a blushing mess.

***

Amaya walked into the great hall for breakfast to find it nearly empty. Instead of sitting with the other Slytherins she decided to sit by the Gryffindor's. As she walked up to the boys she heard them arguing.

"I could for sure get her to go with me." Sirius said.

"Then prove it."

"Who?" Amaya jumped in.

"Sirius thinks he could get McGonagall to go to the ball with him." Amaya laughed.

"I have a better chance of getting Dumbledore to go with me."

"Oh yeah? Then let's make a bet. If you get Dumbledore to go with you I'll give you 100 galleons and if I get McGonagall to go with me you owe me 100 galleons."

"I have no interest in money. Offer me something that I would be interested in." Amaya smirked.

"Like what?" Sirius raised his eyebrow.

"You have to be my personal servant for a day."

"Fine, but the same goes for you when I win." They shook hands.

***

"Hey Minnie!"

"Mr. Black, I have told you many times not to call me that." McGonagall said strictly.

"Will you go to the ball with me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"That would be very inappropriate. I am your teacher."

"Yeah, my favorite teacher. You would just have to let me escort you in and then nothing else."

"No Mr. Black." Sirius walked away pouting.

"Tough luck mate." James patted Sirius on the back. "I'm sure Amaya got turned down too."

***

"Professor Dumbledore, could I have a word with you?"

"Of course Miss. Bridgerton. How can I help you?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go to the ball with me." Dumbledore raised an eyebrow. "Sirius and I made a bet and I was hoping you would help."

He chuckled, "Very well. I will walk you in and then we can have a dance and go our separate ways. Will that work?" Amaya's face lit up.

"Yes, Thank you Professor!" Amaya ran off to find the boys.

She found them sitting in the great hall talking.

"Hey guys!"

"Why do you sound so happy?" Sirius asked.

"I won our bet."

"No way. You'll have to prove it at the ball."

"Fine. Just you wait Sirius. I can't wait to have you as a servant."

***

Sirius waited with the others at the bottom of the stairs for the girls. Eventually Lily walked down and James couldn't stop staring.

"You look amazing." James took Lily's hand and kissed it. She began blushing.

"Hello." They turned to see Dumbledore standing in the doorway to the great hall with a smile.

"What are you doing here Professor?"

"Just waiting for Miss. Bridgerton." Sirius' jaw dropped.

"She actually won?"

"Won what exactly?"

"Nothing." Sirius looked at the ground trying to hide his smile. Being Amaya's servant meant he got to be around her a lot more.

They heard footsteps and looked up the stairs. Sirius' breath caught as he watched Amaya walk down with such elegance she looked like a princess. Her Sky blue dress matched her beautiful eyes and her Long brown hair was curled perfectly. Sirius was sure he was seeing an angel. He managed to look away just before she looked at him. Amaya saw that Sirius seemed to be bored as he stared at his shoes.

Amaya noticed how a lock of his hair fell into his face. He looked amazing in a suit.

Dumbledore held out his arm to her and winked. She smiled knowing she had won. She linked her arm with his feeling as if he was her grandpa. They walked into the ball and all eyes turned to them. Dumbledore danced with Amaya before joining the rest of the staff.

Amaya sat at a table watching Lily and James dancing. Lily looked so happy and in love.

"Would you like to dance?" Amaya looked up to see Sirius holding out his hand.

"Sure." She took his hand and he led her out onto the dance floor.

Pulling her close He began to dance with Amaya following. She looked up at him to find him already watching her. His stormy gray eyes seemed to capture her and draw her in. He smiled and her breath caught.

"I guess I'm your servant now."

"Yeah. I probably shouldn't be dancing with my servant." Sirius frowned a bit. "I'm kidding Sirius." His smile lifted a bit.

His gaze dropped from her eyes to her lips and back to her eyes. She licked her lips. The two stared into each others eyes until they realized that the music had stopped. Awkwardly the two pulled apart and went back to their seats.