Author's Note

So

So... welcome to the third and final chapter in Lola and Lachlan's story!

I honestly can't believe how much these two have changed my life. I started 'Confessions of an Invisible Girl' (originally called 'Unseen') at the start of 2020. I did it because I wanted to distract myself from some challenges in my life. And I did it because I wanted to challenge myself to write a whole book. And that was it. I didn't really expect anyone to read it, and I certainly didn't expect anyone to like it.

But three years later the first book has over 90k reads, the sequel has won a Wattys award and I'm now in the Wattpad Creators program, with another book in Paid and on YONDER. It's opened up a whole new world of writing for me and I'll always be grateful.

I thought really long and hard about how to end their story. The first two books were set when Lola and Lachlan were still teenagers and maybe it made more sense to end it there. But this story, told ten years later, kept coming back to me. Over and over again. I played around with different ideas, what I thought you all might like, and what made the most sense in keeping with the other two books, but I kept coming back to this. When I wrote Confessions I wrote the book I wanted to write, having zero expectations that anyone would read it and really just trying to please myself. And it was the same for Secrets, there was an area of Lola and Lachlan's story that I wanted to explore, so I did. Trying to come up with ideas I thought people would like as opposed to the story I wanted to tell became impossible. So I stopped fighting it - and here is 'Scandals of an Invisible Girl'.

This is how their story ends.

It's a drastic shift from the first two books and quite frankly, you all may hate it! It's a little darker, a little grittier, and definitely puts Lola and Lachlan through the wringer! 

Don't hate me too much! And I hope you enjoy 'Scandals of an Invisible Girl'.

DDx