6

Saturday, 24th September, 1989

I awoke once again in the cozy bed in the middle of Liam's room, however this morning I was alone, and Liam was nowhere to be found. although I was intrigued by his whereabouts, I couldn't be bothered to go and look for him so I just shut my eyes to rest again. but then I heard the doorknob turn as I sat up to see him walk through the door, holding two mugs.

"Oh, mornin'! I made yer a tea." He walked over and handed me one of the mugs. I took it and placed it on the side, being careful not to burn myself. I smiled and nodded at him as a way to say thank you. He then came and sat next to me on the bed and laid back against the headboard. We both sat in silence, not looking at eachother. We were both probably thinking about the kissing last night. Correction; we were both definitely thinking about the kissing last night. It was somehow awkward even though we had done stuff like that before, like hugging and holding hands, but I'm guessing this was different.

"So.. What d'yer wanna do today?" Liam questioned me, so obviously wanting to break the silence.
"Dunno." I shrugged slightly.
"..Are yer mad at me?"
"Why would I be mad at ya, Li?"
"Coz of last night? I just kissed yer and I didn't know if you'd be okay with it and like-"
I cut him off mid sentence and pressed my lips against his quickly before pulling away.

"Liam, I liked it. Well, loved it actually. Course I'm not mad!" I smiled softly at the thought of him being worried about me, him returning the exact same smile.
"So like, ya wouldn't mind if I kissed yer all the time, then?"
"Are you askin' me to be your girlfriend, Li?" He went red after I began teasing him.
"Nah, nah.. S'just more like.. Y'know."
"William Gallagher. Yes, I will be your girlfriend." As I saved him from struggling to get his words out any more, he gave me the most happiest smile I had ever seen come from him, and hugged me tightly, almost squeezing me.

"Is it alright if I go take a shower, Li?" I asked, not wanting to feel disgusting in front of Liam.
"Yeh, sure. No need t'ask love."
I quickly kissed him on the cheek as I picked up my spare change of clothes and went into the bathroom to take a nice shower, even if I would rather be spending all my time with Liam.

When I had finished, I entered back into his room, changed and feeling much more clean. Liam had also changed and then turned around holding up a £10 note.
"Sifters?" He asked, me nodding straight away.
"Of course." We put on our shoes before Liam yelled to his mum that he was going out, I followed him as he opened the door and we set off to Sifters, which had become a usual activity for us now. He grabbed onto my hand which made me grin, before we interlocked our fingers together.

We looked around the shop at all of the records we didn't yet have, and scanned the shelves for any new releases. In the end we settled on a copy of Quadrophenia by The Who. He held it up with a massive grin on his face, as if he was a small child. I laughed at his childishness and
handed the money over to the cashier. After we had completed our purchase, I realised the time was almost lunch and thought my parents would be wondering where I was, as I was supposed to be home at about 10.

"Liam, I have to go home, me mam wanted me back at 10."
"Alright love, I'll walk ya 'ome."
"Nah, it's alright, your house is the opposite way."
"Oi darlin', I insist." His resilience always managed to beat mine, so I nodded and we were on our way. During the walk, he started talking about my parents, as he had actually never met them.
"Well, me parents are alright. My mam's lovely, and my dad can be strict at times, but he's alright really."
"When do I get to meet them then?"
"Eh, whenever yer want, I guess. Doesn't really bother me either way."
"Sound!"
"Why're yer so obsessed with meeting them anyways?"
"Coz I wanna meet the parents of the most beautiful girl in the world, obviously!"
"Are you trying to win the award for most cheesiest compliment in the world or what?" I giggled, making him roll his eyes and frown.
"Oi, Li. I'm joking! I appreciate the compliment." After he had realised I was happy with his words, he had yet another big smile on his face, as he unexpectedly picked me up and ran down the street with me over his shoulder, laughing stupidly.
"LIAM! Put me down!" I yelled, inbetween my uncontrollable giggles. He laughed along with me as he finally put me down as we were outside my house.

"Well, here we are." I mumbled, not wanting to leave him alone yet.
"I'll see yer soon then, yeah?"
Nodding at his question, I pulled him in for a hug before we said our goodbyes, acting as if this was the last time we would see each other ever. He then placed his lips on mine, resulting in me immediately kissing back and wrapping my arms around his neck. Little did we know, someone was watching right in front of us.
"Ahem."
We both jumped and let go of each other, seeing my Dad in front of us.
"Hi Dad..." I greeted, my head hung down in embarrassment that he had caught us. He turned to Liam, who was visibly scared. My dad approached him in a terrifying way, yet all he did was put an arm around his shoulder.
"Alright lad? Come on in, the missus would love t'meet yer."

Me and Liam both looked at each other, visible confusion on both of our faces. We entered my house, my mum in the hallway.
"Oi, y/n's got herself a boyfriend!" My Dad chuckled, while my Mum almost squealed in excitement, as mothers do.
"My baby is growing up!" she smiled, before turning to Liam, giving him a hug.
"Nice t'meet yer, love!" She smiled, as Liam smiled back, nodding his head once.

As they bombarded him with questions, I finally decided that it was time for them to stop, so I grabbed Liam by his arm and pulled him back outside, away from my parents.

"Christ." He said, chuckling slightly.
"Yeh, I know. Well i'll see you soon, yeah?" I asked, him nodding violently.
"Of course sweet'eart."
I gave him a quick kiss before we said our final goodbyes, as I watched him walk off, getting further and further away from me.

I went back into the house before giving my parents a big lecture on not terrifying my boyfriend in the future.