1

Monday, 5th September, 1989

It was the first day of year 11, my last year of school. Walking up to the gates, I was dreading the stressful year that was coming my way, however I just decided to roll with it.

After the countless minutes spent being reminded of the never ending rules, I discovered my first lesson was maths. I'd never been great at it, but I'm sure it'd be alright. It's only the first day after all, they couldn't make it too hard.

Wandering into the class, I realised I was one of the last to enter which meant everybody had already taken their own seats, and that ended with me sitting at the back on my own as my friends were already all next to each other. Fucking perfect for me.

About 5 minutes into the lesson, the door barged open and a tall boy charged through, swearing at his friend who had passed the classroom. Liam Gallagher. The teacher didn't look very impressed and gave a look of disappointment.
"Gallagher, how have you managed to turn up late to your FIRST lesson of the year?"
"Yeh, yeh, sorry about that. I'm 'ere now though arent I?"

The teacher sighed as liam walked over to sit next to his mate before the teacher cleared his throat.
"I don't think so after that entrance. Go sit over there." He demanded, pointing to the seat next to mine.
"Ahhh but sir-"
"No buts. Move."

He groaned as he shuffled to the seat next to me sitting down. I'd never had a conversation with Liam, but no doubt I knew his exact personality. Rude, cocky, narcissistic. Basically a massive dickhead.

"Alright?" I greeted him, yet he didn't say a word back to me.
"Oi, did you hear me?" I questioned with an annoyed tone, and was met with another moment of silence.
"You don't have to be such a dick." I said. This time in a serious voice.
"Look, jus' cause I was forced t'sit next to yer doesn't make me want to talk to yer, got it love?" he finally replied, angrily.
I groaned and turned away, mumbling about him being a twat or something similar to that.

I think we were both bored of the silence because about 10 minutes later, he started humming a familiar tune.

"Beatles?" I questioned, this time actually being met with an answer.
"Huh? Oh yeh. You a fan?"
"Well yeah, who isn't?"
"Me mates. Say they're dull as fuck."
"Twats... Who's your favourite then?"
"Lennon. Obviously. Who else would it fucken be? Nobody's better than Lennon."
"Well, Harrison's good"
"Harrison?!? Fuck off man! He's shit compared to Lennon! You're a fuckin weirdo."
"I don't care. Plus George is fit."
"Who cares about that shit? It's about the music man! God you're sad." He groaned, before I had to respond in anger.

We continued our conversation (well, mainly argument) about the Beatles until the end of the lesson, we both left for break, chatting away about our favourite songs and debating over the best album.

----

After break it was time for science, the worst fucking lesson ever. The teacher had actually made a seating plan this time and guess who I was next to again? yep.
I went to my seat before hearing a groan.

"Urghhhh, not Harrison lover again!"
"That's a nice hello." I said rolling my eyes.
"Me real name's y/n, didn't mention before."
I said quickly, after realising I hadn't even introduced myself yet.
"Didn't ask." he mumbled.

"Liam." he answered bluntly a few seconds later, probably feeling a bit of regret for the rudeness.
"Yeh, I know obviously. Heard the teachers say it about 7 times already. Plus we've been in the same classes since like year 8."
He chuckled for a second before it went back to the awkward silence.

As the lesson went on we started chatting a bit more, he told me how he lives with his mam and his older brothers, and told me all the random shit he'd normally get into.
After the endless conversations we'd had that lesson, I'd grown to realise he isn't really a massive dickhead after all. I mean of course he's still a dickhead, obviously. It's Liam fucking Gallagher. I still despised him. But not that much of a dickhead as I imagined.