5

Friday, 23rd September, 1989

It was finally the night we were celebrating Liam's 18th birthday! I had been impatiently waiting ever since sunday, waiting to see him ready for his special day. I took a long, warm shower then dried my hair and did my makeup. I wore a above knee length black dress with just my old, battered white trainers. I decided to put a bit of effort in just as it was a special occasion, but still not too much.

I checked the time and realised it was 6:55. Shit, I had told Liam I'd meet him at 7. I quickly shoved everything I needed into my small bag, grabbed Liam's present i had bought him and rushed out of the house. I didn't run, but i only lived about 15 minutes away from the pub, so i decided speed walking would be perfectly fine. I reached the pub at about 7:08, which was an alright time I suppose.

I entered the pub and scanned the room for Liam, yet i couldn't see him. however, I noticed Noel in the queue for the bar and went straight over to him.

"Noel!" I yelled slightly just to get his attention.
"Alright? Liam and his mates are just round the other side if you're looking for 'em. I'll be over in just a bit."
"Thank you!" I smiled, and made my way across to the other side of the pub. I immediately made eye contact with Liam as soon as I saw him. I waved and smiled yet he just stared in awe. I walked over to him and took him in for a hug and kissed him on the cheek, him hugging back after he had regained touch with reality.
"Happy late birthday!" I smiled at him after breaking the hug, he smiled back and muttered a thanks.
"Where had you been? I thought y'weren't showin!" I rolled my eyes, I was only 8 minutes late after all! One of his mates chuckled.
"He was askin' for the time every second, he was desperate!" Liam shot him a look but I giggled at his desperateness to see me.

He immediately perked up as he turned to his two friends. One was a tiny bit shorter than him, with very curly hair and the other was quite a bit shorter than both and looked very high.
"So y/n, that's Tony and Guigs, Tony and Guigs, this is y/n." Liam turned in-between the three of us while introducing us to each other.
"Nice to meet you!" Tony said and Guigs just waved and smiled.

I sat in-between Liam and Guigs and handed Liam his present, which I had been waiting to give him all week. He immediately ripped it open ferociously, like a 5 year old boy, he held up the present and gasped.
"YOU GOT IT FER ME!" He yelled, probably gaining the attention of all of the people in the pub. I smiled and nodded, the beatles complete record collection was his. as soon as he mentioned it was his birthday I knew I had to go back and get it for him.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're incredible!" he hugged me tightly, I hugged back with an embarrassed look on my face.
"Rkid, she's already said she don't wanna shag yer, alright?" Noel joked, walking to the table with a tray of drinks.
"Oi! Shut up you cunt!" he immediately argued back to his brother, embarrassed that Noel had caught him hugging me.

I laughed and picked up my drink, taking a sip from the large glass. as I did so, I saw liam in the corner of my eye staring at me once again. I put my drink down and turned to him with a smile on my face.
"Y'alright, Li?" i asked, he just nodded and continued to stare.
"S'just yer look really nice tonight. I mean- yer nice all the time obviously, but... d'yknow what I mean?" chuckling at his awkwardness, I nodded.

The five of us continued to drink, the evening consisting of Noel teasing Liam, Liam fighting Noel and then me, Tony and Guigs just laughing at their childishness.

After a few hours, everything began to quiet down. Tony and Guigs left before the other 3 of us, and Noel went to try and (unsuccessfully) chat up a girl, which convinced him to leave too, so me and Liam were left alone.

"How was your birthday then?" I asked, wanting to break the odd, awkward silence we were sat in.
"Eh, it was alright. Much better now I can 'ave this!" he held up his beer and took a huge sip. I laughed and took another sip of my drink, too.
There was another small moment of silence, but Liam couldn't keep his mouth shut for long.
"D'yer wanna come back t'mine?"
"Calm it Li, we're only on the second date." I joked, earning a disapproving look from him. I shook my head then properly answered him.
"Yes, of course I will."

Not before long, we set off back to Liam's house, who only lived about 5 minutes away from the pub. Surprisingly, we weren't actually drunk, even if Liam acted as if he was half the time. I took his hand in mine again, as if it were a frequent action for us both. I looked up and smiled at him, him smiling back at me, which gave me butterflies in my stomach.

When we got back, he unlocked the door and led me up to his room, putting his finger to his lips as if he was telling me to be quiet. He pulled me up the stairs and I tried to be as careful and quiet as I could. When in his room, he chucked me some spare clothes, the same I had worn the previous time I stayed. This time however, I didn't leave to change in the bathroom, I changed right there and then, leaving Liam in shock and awe. I smiled at him when I looked up to see him pretending he wasn't looking. He sat down on his bed and held up the present I had gotten him, reading the back of it.
"How the fuck did'yer afford this shit?!"
"I have my ways...." I said, going over to sit right next to him on his bed.

"I had fun today, Li."
"I did too! Loads!"
"We should do this again sometime."
He then turned to me so we were looking into each other's eyes, not saying anything for a few moments. It looked like he couldn't resist any longer, so he leaned in, placing his lips on mine. He then pulled back quickly as he could tell I was taken by surprise. But then I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. We pulled apart and both giggled, as if we were little children. He then pulled me down onto the bed so we were both laying there, facing each other. He then kissed me again, and this time it lasted longer. Our arms were wrapped around each other as we stopped kissing and laid there.

"Yer so beautiful, y'know.." he said staring into my eyes. I didn't reply, just laid there as a smile appeared across my face. I hugged him tighter before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.