Female POV (Basic storyline)

I hear the sound of the train starting to move and try to calm myself down. Instead, I end up saying 'Damn this', as I lose control over my movements. My body moves on its own and I start running beside the train trying to catch up to the car he was in. Jay must've been feeling confused as to why I was running, trying to catch up; perhaps thinking he forgot something. Nevertheless, he extends his hand and lets me grab on, pulling me safely inside, just in time.

"What happened, Y/N ?", he asks.

I never answered.

*6 years ago*

I was a class 10 student when I had to switch schools. I was so not up for it but because of my dad's transfer, I had to. My old friends and I had cried for a whole day and even then it had been hard enough to separate us.

All they'd ever talk about for months was 'Y/N, Y/N, Y/N.'

Anyways, I got to the school I was joining for my last year, thinking that I'd just concentrate on studying and wouldn't do anything funny. One year, what could go wrong?

I was allotted class 10-B and the people in my class were friendly enough and like me, quite average in their academics. That's when HE came around. Jay. I absolutely despised him for some reason.

I was more on the quiet side and was thus easily targeted by teachers. And as if it wasn't bad enough, that idiot had to be the teacher's pet, answering every single question his bottle-head of a mind could process and the teacher would let him. They'd always compare us and how I never studied while he did so well. It pissed me off.

And with my luck, I always got stuck with him. Music project- he was in my group. Drama assignment- Jay played one of the main roles with me. Speech- there he was again. Even football practice, which he didn't even play- he was there.

I was starting to think he knew I hated him and did it purposefully, to get under my skin. But as much as I hated him, he was hot. He had tan skin and a lean figure. His back muscles would show through his tshirt and it looked so tempting. I got angry at myself quite a few times for thinking this way about that idiot. I tried hating him more. I'd give him death glares and angry looks at every little thing I could.

Then one day, he had the audacity to ask me to go fill his water bottle as well since I was going to refill mine. I was thinking of some sarcastic line to say to him when a friend grabbed me and pulled me away. Jay must've probably thought I was shocked or something because he smiled. I swear to god I could've killed him at the time. My face got so red with anger, my best friend thought I was blushing. It all turned around then.

Next week was my birthday week and I wasn't that excited since I was in a bad phase. I ended up not celebrating my birthday. He followed me on Instagram that day and after a lot of thought, I decided to allow the request. I don't know why, I just had a feeling I should.

He viewed my stories and started commenting on some of them. At first, I thought he was a creep and left him on seen. But then someday, I posted a football edit, and what he said about that just made us click. We liked the same player and adored him for his skills. We both agreed that though it was an unpopular opinion, Messi was better than Ronaldo.

I guess that was the day my behavior became softer towards him and I began to notice that he didn't hate me at all. He was being nice to me all this time and I'd only been blinded by my frustration and jealousy. So I decided to give him a chance and we began to talk. ALL DAY. Every.Single.Day.

Wherever we could, whenever we could, for as long as we could. The connection was crazy. On the other hand, I started noticing more things I'd been ignoring for so long.

The way his body moved when he was playing and the way his muscles contracted, the way his eyes would light up in the most innocent way possible, and most of all, the way he looked at me. The secret glances during class and the embarrassed smile at being caught. The way his features just burned into my mind was too much to handle. It was like a flammable spark had just been lit.

I tried stopping myself too many times than I can remember but I just couldn't. Sometimes, it came to a point where all I wanted to do was kiss him and since I couldn't, I'd bite my lip so hard, I'd leave it swollen red.

My body just moved according to his. Not just me, he'd move as I would sometimes, and sometimes I would according to him. We didn't even realize what was going on before it happened and after a lot of tears, fighting and arguments we were together. Having him with me made life a whole lot easier, whatever the situation may be.

Amidst casual talks one day, I learnt that he wanted to join the army and was preparing for that. An unusual sense of fear settled in me and suddenly I was holding on tighter every time I held his hand or hugged him. I never wanted to let him go. I found myself wanting to ask him to not leave and instead do something he was also good at like singing or sketching.

But who was I to prevent destiny ? It was his life after all. I'd love him to the ends of earth and all through the lives we may have even after death but it was his choice on what to do in them.

He would talk so effortlessly about the army and how they'd fight. Jay was the first guy I'd felt so in awe of. But the thought that I might lose him kept poking in my mind.

Of course, I made him stop talking about death and martyrs of war because I couldn't think of something like that happening to him without crying but it was still hard to process. It pegged my mind for too long, long enough for me to push the thought away. Little did I know what would happen in the future...

I didn't know that we'd be together till the end, that 6 years later we'd still be together and that everything would still go wrong after everything finally being right.