The Final starw

Sorry it took a month took get this chapter out I just had my MRI scan not too long ago and currently waiting for my results. Don't worry tho I'm fine :)

As giyuu and I reach the headquarters, most of the demon slayers were already there including the new recruits. The tension was thick and nervous mutters filled the air. Soon. I told myself. Soon it will be all over.

The moon was gleaming now, illuminating a figure dressed in white. I gulped nervously. "Giyuu-san you are finally here" Ubuyashiki said. "My apologies, Oyakata-sama"  giyuu greeted while bowing down. I quickly did the same. As I made my way over to the group, oyakata-sama  stiffened. "I am sure you all know why you have been called here today."

All the muttering stopped. But the tension in the air almost became unbearable. "We are aware of a presence that may prove to be a threat to us and innocent citizens. This may tip the balance of our dimension and may cause us to collide with another. Shifting is indeed a dangerous thing. This will cause a dire situation therefore we shld displace it immediately."

"And we happen to have that very person in our presence in this very moment"  he continued, "and I hope this person may come up during this meeting"

Even though I knew what I have to do it still made my heart dropped. But it's now or never. Just as the words could leave my mouth, a shrill, ear-piercing scream echoed into the air.

An explosion erupted at the side of the estate, revealing a rather rugged looking demon. His hair was tousled with greenish brown eyes. If anything he looked like a normal human. Some pillars immediately jump into action, lunging toward the demon. Others hurried to decent oyakata sama. However the lower ranks were caught in the explosion leaving the rest still in shock.

The demon continued to send a spray of blood which created small bombs in the air. So his blood allows him to create explosions huh. "Shadow breathing: 4th form: shadow disguise"
Taking this opportunity I ran straight for his neck. I was mere inches away when the shadow effect wore off, and the demon stared directly at me.

Thankfully it's not a demon moon or else I probably would have died not like it would make a difference though. All of a sudden his eyes widened at me. "It's you! You're from the other world! I bet your flesh would make me stronger!" In an instant his focus directed into me instead of the pillars rushing at him. Just as he released a steam of blood toward me, giyuu appeared in time to slice his head off clean.

But I had no time to be relieved. Everyone heard what he said. Everyone knows now. I didn't want them to find out like this..

"Y/n is it true?" Mitsuri asked. She and I had grown rather close since giyuu and I started seeing each other. "Mitsuri are you seriously believing a lowly demon about y/n?" Tengen juts in. But immediately pursed his lips upon hearing my silence.

"I..am the shifter," I said not daring to make eye contact any longer and stared at the gravel under my feet. Oyakata sama emerged from the estate upon hearing my confession. "I'm sorry y/n, but you can no longer be here. I'm afraid it's time for you to leave." Oyakata sama said. The two twins stepped forward and guided me to the estate.

Just as I turned to leave I smiled at him one last time. They led me to a room which smelt of incense. My eyes blurred with tears.

As I closed my eyes one last time. But with it I felt peace. I don't regret anything despite the damage I have could have caused by staying here. Because now, after a long time, I finally know what it feels like to be loved.

~~

A/n

We have reached the end of the story :) but there is still an epilogue if u wanna read till the very end.