Chapter 6

"Nnnggghhh" Mabel grunted, pulling on Dipper's chain. "Since when did he get so strong?"

The second they got outside, Dipper tugged and pulled on the chain like crazy. He even got away a few times when Mabel's grip softened. He was leading them somewhere into the forest.

He finally stopped to scratch at a tree. "He's like a giant dog!" Mabel exclaimed.

"More than less. I didn't think he'd pull like that, especially with his limp." Wendy commented.

Mabel tried tugging on the leash. "Come on Dipper! We need to get you into society!" He hardly budged.

"Raa daa." Dipper groaned, trying to scratch at the tree.

"Maybe he likes it?" Wendy guessed.

"Well, this is where he found the journal." Mabel agreed. "Maybe it's some supernatural dealy. Did he bring it?"

Wendy shrugged. "Want me to get Soos? Oh... Wait... I AM SO SORRY!" Wendy gasped. "I LIKE TOTALLY FORGOT!"

Mabel held her arms against her chest. "Wendy, it's okay. Sometimes people forget things."

Dipper went up to Wendy and hugged her. Wendy gasped. "Mabel" she whispered. "He's hugging me."

The mentioned girl had a huge smile stretched on her face. "He liiiiikes you." She teased. Dipper didn't care. "Smile Dip, show us what's got all you obsessive over this tree."

The zombie pulled off Wendy and took the journal out of it's vest pocket. He dropped it on the floor. He groaned, falling face first when he tried to pick it up. Mabel held back a laugh as she grabbed it for him. Opening it up, she asked "Point to which one you're looking for, k brobro?"

Dipper sat down criss-cross applesauce in response. Mabel kept flipping through pages until she reached the one about the metallic tree. Dipper pointed furiously, making a bunch of groaning noises.

"The one about this tree?" Mabel asked, Dipper nodded.

"Well, that wasn't very hard to guess, was it?" Wendy said sarcastically, in a joking manner.

Dipper took off his vest and started patting it down until he found something. He pointed at it, excited. Mabel laughed a bit. "Whadd'ya find Bro?" She took whatever he was trying to find out of his vest. A confused look crossed her face. "Tch. Why do you have a black light?"

Dipper pointed at the drawing of the tree in the journal. "Mabel, I think he wants you to shine it on the tree." Wendy pointed out.

Mabel shone the light to the tree. "I don't think it's working." Dipper let out a frustrated growl. He pointed to the page more frantically.

"Dude, try the page." Wendy suggested. Mabel shrugged and shone it on the page.

"Holy Guacamole!" The light bearer exclaimed. She grazed her finger tips across the page. "There's invisible stuff here!"

"Woah. Dude. That is cool." Wendy said, felling the need to feel it, like Mabel.

"My brother, a genius, even when he's decaying." Dipper bowed at Mabel's comment. "Wendy! He bowed!" Mabel clapped. Wendy joined in, even cheering when Dipper did it again.

He redirected their focus on the page, getting closer and pointing to a few words. "Find the Hidden switch, and you're in."

Wendy examined the tree. She pointed to a branch. "That branch looks kinda like a lever."

"Hmmm... but how are we going to get to it?" Mabel put her 'thinking face' on. Dipper began murmuring gibberish and pacing. "Wait, Wendy's got it!"

"Boosh!" Wendy cheered as she hit the lever and jumped down. "Lumberjack games. Dad made me and my brothers play 'em." She responded before Mabel could ask 'how?'. "Guess I kinda ruled at them."

The sound of gears and a big rumbling. The tree began sinking, screwing downwards as a bunch of stairs were revealed. "Who wants to go down first?" Mabel asked.

Wendy grabbed Dipper's hand and raised it for him. "I think Dipper does." Mabel laughed, but made no hesitation to put him in front of herself as they walked down.

"Let's see if I can nerd this up like how Dipper would." She said, holding the journal. "Okay, next room we have to be careful not to step on any wrong tiles."

"Why?" Wendy asked.

"Booby." Mabel whispered, squinting in Wendy's direction. Wendy tried not to laugh, but failed. "It took all I had to not laugh, Heh, Booby." Mabel chuckled. She then gasped in realization. "This is our first zombro mystery hunt!"

Dipper groaned happily. "Which ones were we supposed to stay off of?" Wendy asked. Mabel held the book up to the red-head's face.

"These ones!" She pulled on Dipper's leash, getting his attention. "Got that Dip?"

Dipper nodded. He looked to the floor and navigated the symbols, twirling around and even hopping as he tried not to activate any traps. He made it across the room, Mabel and Wendy following. "Woah it's like one of those apocalypse things they have in movies." Wendy gasped. She stared at a poster that was on a wall. "Dude, this would look great on my wall!" She said as she tore it from the wall.

Mabel dipped her head into a barrel. When she pulled out, a bunch of caterpillars were crawling on her face. "My face feels fuzzy." She laughed.

Dipper stared at a bunch of labeled boxes, the dead look hinted in his eyes. There was a flash of living for a moment. Just a moment. He felt. He shook his head and ran towards Mabel to retrieve the journal. "Mabel." He said, groaning uncontrollably.

"Yeah Zombro?" She asked, wiping the caterpillars off her face.

He padded her sweater until he found the journal, which he pulled out. He opened it and flipped through the pages. His eyes started drooping, and just like that, he was gone again.

"What you looking for?" Mabel asked. Dipper tilted his head to the ceiling and groaned, pointing at random parts of a random page. His twin laughed, her brother was kinda like a puppy now. But creepier.