03.

WE LANDED the sleigh roughly where Tooth was on her knees, panicking and gasping. We jumped off the sleigh, watching her look around for any of her fairies.

"They - they took my fairies, and the teeth, all of them. Everything is gone. Everything..." She said in a shaky voice, lowering to her knees. Then baby tooth come out of Jack's hood and into her hands. "Ah! Oh, thank goodness, one of you is alright."

"I have to say... this is very, very exciting. The Big Four, all in one place. I'm a little starstruck. Did you like my show on the globe, North? Gotcha all together, didn't I?" Pitch appeared above us from the shadows.

"Argh!" North stomped his foot down.

"Pitch! You have got 30 seconds to return my fairies-" She yelled attempting to chase him down, but he kept disappearing and appearing.

"Or what? You'll stick a quarter under my pillow?" He joked, lifting his hands in fake fear.

"Why are you doing this?" The Russian asked, pointing his sword.

"Maybe, I want what you have. To be believed in! Maybe I'm tired of hiding under beds!" He explained, travelling around.

"Maybe that's where you belong!" Bunny lifted a finger at him.

"Go suck an egg, rabbit." The man in black said from under us.

"Rrh!" The rabbit grunted trying to punch him, but he was gone.

"Hang on. Is that... Jack Frost? Heh, hehehe. Since when are you all so chummy?" Pitch chuckled from behind him.

"We're not." He replied.

"Oh good, a neutral party. Then I'm going to ignore you, but you must be used to that by now."

"Pitch! Shut up you shadow-sneaking ratbag! Come 'ere!" Bunny ran forward towards him but he vanished again.

I saw him from the corner of my eye, he was above again, and I flew up as fast as I could to him. Suddenly a shadow monster came face to face with me and neighed, making me back away and land on the floor.

"Whoa ho ho ho, hey! Easy girl, easy. Hehe. Look familiar, Sandman? Took me awhile to perfect this little trick: turning dreams into nightmares. Don't be nervous; it only riles them up more. They smell fear, you know." He held out a palm of black sand to Sand Man.

"What fear? Of you? No one's been afraid of you since the Dark Ages!" The Easter Bunny yelled.

"Oh, the Dark Ages! Everyone frightened, miserable, such happy times for me - oh the power I wielded! But then the Man in the Moon chose you to replace my fear with your wonder and light. Lifting their hearts and giving them hope. Meanwhile, everyone wrote me off as just a bad dream. Oh, there's nothing to be afraid of! There's no such thing as The Boogeyman! Well that's all about to change. He-he. Oh look, it's happening already."

"What is?" The Palace began to flake away and Tooth exclaimed in sadness.

"Oh..."

"Children are waking up and realizing the Tooth Fairy never came. It's such a little thing, but to a child..."

"What's going on?" Jack questioned in confusion to us.

"They... They don't believe in me anymore." The fairy muttered looking at the ground beneath us.

"Didn't they tell you, Jack? It's great being a Guardian! But there's a catch. If enough kids stop believing, everything your friends protect - wonder, hopes, and dreams - it all goes away. And little by little, so do they. Hehehehe. No Christmas, or Easter, or little fairies that come in the night. There will be nothing but fear, and darkness... and me. It's your turn not to be believed in!"

"Tchyah!" Bunny then threw a boomerang at him, and he rode off on his horse. We all jumped down, chasing him. My wings shot out daggers at him, missing narrowly, while the rabbit threw egg bombs, and he vanished once again.

We landed down in the lagoon, looking around for Pitch. "He's gone."

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

"The children... We're too late." Tooth gasped as her feathers began to fall while Jack thought about his unknown memories.

"No! No! No such thing as too late!" North hummed, swords on his shoulders. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait , wait" He pointed the sword in front of Bunny's face. "Idea! Hah! We will collect the teeth!"

"What?"

"We get teeth, children keep believing in you." He grinned widely.

"We're talking 7 continents, millions of kids!" Tooth reminded him.

"Give me break, you know how many toys I deliver in one night?" He scoffed, adjusting his grip on his swords.

"People I help fall in love in one day?"

"And eggs I hide in one day?"

"And Jack, if you help us, we will get you your memories." Santa bartered and we all turned to him.

"I'm in!" He smiled from ear to ear while Bunny grumbled unhappily.