Little Swashbuckler(Kwazii & Shellington)

Little: Kwazii
CG: Shellington
_______________________________
CW/TW: Cussing, self-harm
_______________________________
Kwazii always felt like a screw-up.

No matter what he did, it always felt like he messed up. He would try to comfort Peso, and it would make him even more scared. He would try to help Tweak, and he would end up breaking whatever she was working on.

He hated himself.
And he thought everyone else did, too.

Littlespace was his escape of choice. When he was little, he couldn't screw up, because there was no 'right' or 'wrong' way to do something.
Of course, that didn't stop him from using the razor blade.

He was lucky that Shellington found his sword in the game room and decided to bring it back to him. Otherwise, he wouldn't have found Kwazii near-dead on the floor with a long gash in his arm.

Then again, if he hadn't, Kwazii wouldn't have had to explain why he was wearing a diaper when Shellington found him.

"I don't want talk about it." He said, as he was lying on the bed in the Sick Bay, getting his arm bandaged by Peso. "Look, Kwazii, if we want to help you, we need to know what's going on." Captain Barnacles said, kneeling down to him.

"Shellington knows. He can tell you if he wants. I, myself won't say a word about it." Kwazii replied. The rest of the Octonauts turned towards Shellington.

"So, could'ya explain why he was wearin' a diaper, Shells?" Tweak asked. Shellington hesitated for a moment, then began to speak.

"It's called Age Regression. It's a coping mechanism. It's when someone's mind reverts back to a younger age for comfort." The sea otter explained. "Okay, but why?" Tweak asked once more.

Kwazii, not having much choice, began to explain: "It makes me feel like I'm not a burden."

"Huh? Kwazii, how could you think you're a burden?" Dashi questioned. "Please, ain't it obvious? I can't do anything right. Every time I try to help, I mess up. I'm just a stupid bastard that can't fucking help anyone."

The group was stunned. Sure, they knew Kwazii was sensitive about failure, but they didn't know it was this bad.

"Kwazii..." Tweak began, "you're anything but a screw-up! We all make mistakes sometimes, some a little more than others. But it doesn't make us think any less of ya'."

"Yeah, Kwazii!" Peso agreed, now finished treating the cat's arm. "You may have flaws, but you're still a vital part of this team!"

Kwazii looked up at them, and smiled. "Thanks a lot, mateys."

*3 days later*

"Okay, Kwazii, you got this. They won't judge you."
Kwazii looked at himself in the mirror. He was wearing a pink crop top and skirt. Peso was trans, so it shouldn't matter if he was genderfluid, right?
He took one last look at himself, popped his pacifier in his mouth, grabbed his favorite stuffie (a dragon name Atlas) and his coloring book and pencils, and went down the Octoschute to the game room.

He colored on the floor for a while, with his stuffie under his arm. He felt calm and safe here.

After a while, Shellington entered the game room. Kwazii was so deep in littlespace he didn't notice the otter's entry.

Shellington sat down beside him. "Well, hey there, little one."

Kwazii looked at Shellington and muttered a small "Helwo..." from around his paci.

Shellington chuckled. "Who's this little guy?" He asked, motioning to the dragon stuffie. "Atwas." Kwazii said, now beginning to trust the other a bit more. "That's a very good name for him." Shellington replied. "What are you coloring, hun?"

Kwazii held up his coloring book proudly, showing Shellington his work. It was a picture of a green parrot perched on the shoulder of a very snazzy looking pirate.

"That's really cool, Kwazii! Good job, honey!" Shellington praised. Kwazii felt very proud of himself. Suddenly, he felt a pressure in his nether region.

Uh oh.

Kwazii began to whimper. Shellington wondered what was wrong, until he noticed a puddle forming underneath Kwazii.

"Oh sweetie..." Shellington said, picking Kwazii up off the floor. "M-me sowwy..." the kitten said, feeling ashamed of himself. He knew he was about to be hit—that's what his father did.
He braced himself to be hurt.

"It alright Kwazii, you didn't do anything wrong." Shellington said, much to Kwazii's surprise. "Y-you no m-mads? You no hit K-Kwa'i?" the little cat said. "What? Of course not! It was just a little accident. Now, let's go get you cleaned up." The otter replied. He picked up all of Kwazii's toys and carried the cat back to his room. He set the kitten down on the bed and gave him Atlas.

He then got out a changing mat he had bought after Kwazii's revelation and spread it flat on the floor. He then set Kwazii down on it and tossed the cat's bottom clothes in the laundry basket. Next he went to Kwazii's dresser and got out a thick ocean print diaper, with the phrase 'Little Sailor' on the back. He grabbed some other supplies, knelt down on the floor, and began to change Kwazii. He was done in a few minutes.

"Alright, Kwazii. Fresh as a daisy!" Shellington proclaimed. He picked the kitten up and began to pet him.

Kwazii began purring profusely. The otter chuckled. "Don't ever change, Kwazii. Well, except for your diapers!"

The orange kitten giggled, and nuzzled against the scientist's chest. "I wuv yoo, Daddy."

The name caught Shellington by surprise, though it was certainly welcomed. The sea otter embraced his charge.

"I love you too, my little Swashbuckler."
_____________________________
Wow, 946 words! Not bad for a first story. Thank you @Uniquedoll602 for inspiring me to make this book!