3) Breaking News: the 2 MCs have startled the hell out of each other

Start from the beginning

Cale could not believe his ears. One of the night terrors just talked to him, and it asked him if he was okay.

In the dark bedroom, all details were muddled and dull, so this night terror only stuck out because of his ability to talk. The voice sounded youthful, but he couldn't be sure of the age. It also didn't have scary eyes or a traumatizing smile from what he could see in his peripheral vision. This one seemed... almost tense, like it was also startled by what it said.

For the next three minutes, silence descended upon the two. Cale still couldn't talk, but he could move a couple fingers pretty well, and he could slowly blink his eyes if he tried. The night terror also remained silent, but the reason was unknown to him at this point.

So both did not move, or talk, or do anything for a while.

It was probably at the five minute mark when the terror spoke up again, in an extremely hesitant and small-sounding voice.

"...uh...sorry..."

What? The first night terror to talk, and it only apologized and asked about Cale's wellbeing?

'What kind of bull—?'

Cale could slightly move his head now, and attempted to raise it so as to get a better look at this enigma.

He failed in doing so, and only raised it enough to have it flop onto the pillow that laid beside his neck. Well, at least now he had a better view of the terror, which looked a lot less scary than it did in his peripheral vision.

He still could not talk however, so he just laid there, staring.

But soon after he did so, a faint glow circled around its feet, and it disappeared in an instant. Cale felt a headache coming on. Too many anomalies happened in one night, and it was making his head spin. Maybe this was all just a nightmare.

He wished it was.

___

Alberu was creeped out.

The child who previously refused to look at the obvious invader, had suddenly rolled their head to the side, staring with wide eyes at him, unblinking. It was probably a boy, since he had short hair and was wearing something similar to a male nightshirt, but he acted like someone who was possessed.

Alberu did not want to stay any longer, nor did he have to. He fumbled with a teleportation scroll behind his back and noped the fuck out of there, feeling chills unlike anything he had felt before.

His vision returned swiftly, revealing his bedroom, which looked the same as how he'd left it. Sighing as if to release the build up of emotions, Alberu flopped down on his bed. He let his mind wander whilst staring at the engraved ceiling.

'Next month marks mother's death anniversary...'

'Father still has yet to pay me any attention. As expected...'

'Ugh, how could I have messed the coordinates up? I should contact that dark elf again... Gah! I can't believe I teleported in a stranger's bedroom of all places.'

He supposed he should consider himself lucky that it was only a child who had seen him. That child would probably wake up in the morning thinking it was just a dream. An adult would probably react differently.

"Haaa."

It was 2:30 in the morning according to the room's clock, and Alberu was extremely tired. He curled up under the covers, closed his eyes, and almost immediately fell asleep.

___

Cale woke up slowly. He stared at his engraved ceiling while laying flat on his back, trying to wrack his brain for recent memories— specifically, last night's anomaly.