THIRTY-ONE

Dd 2:35am Harlem,NY

a soft tap on my shoulder woke me up, I opened my eyes trying to blink off the sleepiness"I'm here mh don't worry" I couldn't make out the person who was talking to me so I assumed it was ari "ari bro go to sleep" I felt the person pull me into a hug without saying anything" you aren't supposed to be up at this time ma gts".

There was a sudden silence in the room, before I knew it the lights turned on and revealed who was the person talking to me this whole time."bro y'all talk too much keep it down I'm tryna sleep"I froze it thought it was Ari infront of me this whole time even though the voices sounded very different

"DARRIAN!?" Ari yelled out loud she quickly slid off the bed running over to his direction"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN" she wrapped him into a tight hug swinging him side to side.

I thought this wasn't real.why would he randomly appear out of nowhere at 2 in the morning, but it wasn't time for questions I was happy he finally came to us again"yo is that really you?.." I paused with every step I took tours him"yes it's really me"

"Where have you been bro you had us worried" I finally walked close enough tours him"don't worry all that matters is that I'm here with y'all again" he extended his hands out to me, trying to dap me up I instead went in for a hug.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't had responded to the situation like that please forgive me bro" I meant everything I said, my eyes started getting teary I don't usually cry about shit but I just couldn't hold it back"shh it's ok mh"

The commotion woke up every body else from there deep sleep, jstar woke up he looked around the room before seeing me, ddot and Ari all huddled up in a hug"am I high or is this foreal?" He stood up coming tours us rubbing the sleepiness off his eyes

"YO MY NIGGA IS REALLY YOU" jstar put him in a headlock messing up his hair in the process."let me go let me go" he let him go but once he stood up he pulled him into a tight hug"where have you been?, are you okay?" Ddot shook his head trying to basically say he was okay but considering the bruises all over him...

"you don't look good" Ari reached over cupping her hands on both side of his face, she began moving his head side to side to examine every single bruise, "but yo bro where have you been you been dodging all those questions" I added trying to know where he had been these past couple days

"Let's not worry about that right now mh all that matters is that I'm here"he replied "bullshit." Everybody looked at me like I said something bad"bro you can't be like this not telling us where you have been at?" I added on top of my comment trying to make the awkwardness and the tension in the room go away.

"Nigga that's nothing to worry about right now dam just appreciate I'm here don't worry about anything else" I know I shouldn't be acting like this when my best friend randomly reappears one day but he was getting me mad"wtv bro" I tried holding back some shit so just to make it better I walked out the room for a while.
—————————————————————-
Ari

I don't know why dd is acting like this lately know that his best friend is here again he over here babying about some small shit.

"I'm sorry he's acting like this ddot I have no  idea why he acting like this"it's all good ma- I mean Ari it's all good"

"yoo?" Jstar suddenly yelled out" tell me I wasn't the only one who heard this Nigga call her ma" I tried to ignore it but obviously jstar's big mouth just had to say something about it"no what do you mean"

Suddenly dd bursted into the room looking upset about something"dd what now"we need to talk aria rs"