𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

Start from the beginning

"He thinks Prim wants him to wear it as a hat," Rocket explained to the former leader of the Ravagers, who was losing his mind trying to get through to Groot.

"That's not what she said!" the Udonta man shouted before looking away from the raccoon and back at the small creature on the other side of the gate.

"I am Groot."

"He's relieved we don't want him to," Rocket translated before listening to Groot speak once again, "he hates hats."

"I am Groot."

"On anyone, not just himself."

"I am Groot."

"One minute you think someone has a weird-shaped head, the next minute it's just because you realize part of that head is the hat," the raccoon explained, causing Primrose and Yondu to exchange an irritated look while Rocket looked back over at Groot, "that's why you don't like hats?"

"Is this really an important conversation to have right now?" Primrose questioned while trying her best not to show how irritated she was in her voice.

"You're the one who brought up hats," Rocket retaliated, earning a glare from the woman standing behind him.

"I told him to look for a drawer with that symbol. I didn't ask for a fashion show!" the Quill woman snapped, making both Rocket and Yondu slightly jump before Groot ran off once again.

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

What felt like an eternity passed and Groot still hadn't returned. Primrose was starting to worry for the small creature's well-being as she sat against the wall opposite Yondu. Anything could've happened to him on the ship with hundreds of Ravagers who were against them. The Quill woman just hoped Groot was lost somewhere and not being tortured once again by the insane group of criminals.

It wasn't long before Primrose was pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of approaching footsteps. At first, she thought it was Groot returning with another item, but the steps were far too heavy to be his. The brunette woman couldn't help the shock that coursed through her veins when she saw who came around the corner with Groot on his shoulder. The man just stared at her for a moment before tossing the fin at the ground by Yondu's feet. The former leader of the Ravagers just stared at the object for a long moment before slowly looking up at the man on the other side of the bars.

"I didn't mean to do a mutiny," Kraglin admitted after letting out a shaky breath before breaking eye contact with the Udonta man, "they killed all my friends."

Yondu kept his eyes on his most loyal man until he finally decided to break the silence that settled around them. "Get the third quadrant ready for release."

After hearing what the Centurion man had said, Kraglin slowly looked up to meet Yondu's gaze. It wasn't long after that when the Obfonteri man stood up as straight as he could and pounded his fist against his chest two times. Kraglin glanced over at Primrose before sending her a small smile and placing Groot on the bars. Just as he was about to leave, Rocket called out to Yondu's first mate, causing him to stop in his tracks and turn back around to face the raccoon.

"One more thing," Rocket told him, making a confused look appear on Kraglin's face as a large grin grew on the former's lips, "you got any clones of Quill's old music on the ship?"

Once the Obfonteri man disappeared around the corner, Primrose and Rocket got to work on installing Yondu's fin. There weren't many tools around for them to use but the two of them made what they had work. It wasn't long before a familiar song from Peter's cassette tape filled the air that surrounded them. A small and somewhat sad smile appeared on Primrose's face as she continued working, something that didn't go unnoticed by Rocket. However, before he could comment on it, the sound of the gate opening mixed with the music in the air.