The Chore Thing

[Open on shots of a dolphin swimming through the ocean and a beach.]

Lincoln: [to the viewers] "For me, the perfect Saturday has three things: The hot sun, a cool drink, and oceans as far as the eye can see. Now I know what you're thinking: There's no ocean in Royal Woods." [Cut to Lincoln's room, where he's wearing a VR headset] "Well, there is now. Clyde's dads wanted to renew their wedding vows in Hawaii, but they didn't want to leave Clyde behind."

[Cut to the McBride house, where Harold and Howard are in their wedding suits and wearing VR headsets]

Howard: "17 years ago, we began our forever story."

Harold: "Thank you for choosing me to write it with." [They lean to kiss each other, but bump headsets] "Ow."

[Cut back to the Loud House, where Lincoln exits his room and goes downstairs]

Lincoln: [to the viewers] "They only have these swaggy goggles rented for one more day. So Clyde and I are gonna savor every moment at the virtual beach."

[Unfortunately, his sisters are all lined up in the living room, Lily is relaxing on a chair, and Lynn Sr. is holding a clipboard and toilet brush. Leni's shades are over her eyes]

Lynn Sr.: "According to my shiny new clipboard, this house is a greasy, grimy mess."

Lincoln: [sighs; to the viewers] "Chore Day..."

Lynn Sr.: "But that grease and grime is no match for the Loud family because we are a what?" [His kids don't say anything] "Starts with a T."

Luna: "Tired?"

Lena: "So tired."

Lynn Sr.: "Rhymes with dream."

Leni: "I had a dream that Dad was marching around waving an old, nasty toilet brush at us."

Lynn: "That's not a dream, Leni. You're awake."

[Leni removes her shades]

Lynn Sr.: "Team. The team was the word I was looking for. FYI, this toilet brush is brand-new. It's time to hand out assignments -" [accidentally gets the brush near his nose; it's not clean; he gags] "Oh. That's not the new one." [throws the brush away] "Luna, you have the windows. Leni, you're closets, Lena. You have baseboards and around the doors."

Lincoln: [to the viewers] "Chore Day in the Loud House is, well, a chore. Luckily, I've got a time-tested method of getting out of it. It turns out that if you do a job really bad, the grown-ups will get frustrated and just do it for you."

[Flashback to a past Chore Day. Lincoln is vacuuming the living room, and the bag is overfilling]

Lynn Sr.: "Lincoln. Lincoln! You've gotta empty that bag before it ex -" [The bag explodes, covering Lynn Sr. with dust] "Explodes. You know what? I'll just do it myself."

[Lincoln shrugs and smirks. Back in the present, Lynn Sr. gets out a hat]

Lynn Sr.: "And now the moment of truth. I've placed each of your names in this hat. The first name that I pull out will be the name of the person who must clean..." [His kids lean forward in anticipation] "The bathroom."

[The kids have mixed reactions; Lisa and Lana are ecstatic to clean the bathroom while everyone else is disgusted]

Lynn: "Aw, dude. Gross."

Lola: "No, no, no, no, no."

Lynn Sr.: "Oh, yes, this is happening. Now, Lily will do the honors." [to Lily] "Lily, do you understand the magnitude of what you're about to do?"