Chapter Nine

The kidnappers had let me go within seconds of the order, my eyes meeting Hyunjin's. I could tell he held so much emotion just behind those hooded eyes, but the man just looked away from me. I stumbled away as fast as I could, pulling out my phone as I did so.

The phone rang three times before Chan answered. "Innie, is everything alright? Are you guys ready to come home already?"

"They took Hyunjin..." I breathed. "He saved me..."

"What do you mean, little vixen?" His voice was rough as I heard him move on the other end of the phone, ordering whoever on the other end to follow him. "What happened? Dammit, I need someone who's closer! Fuck someone get me my fucking keys."

"Someone took us, they were looking for your soulmate." I breathed out. "Hyunjin told them it was him and played it off as he was cheating on you with me...so that I could tell you they have him."

"Fuck." He growled loosely. "I knew I shoulda pushed having a guard for you both. Don't worry, baby, I've got someone that'll be there in a few minutes. I, on the other hand, will rush as fast as I can, but I'm still half an hour away."

"Okay." I breathed. "I'm scared..."

"I know you are." He hushed me. "But I'm staying on the phone with you the whole time, do you hear me?"

I nodded though I knew he couldn't see me. "Please hurry."

"I am." He said. "But until I get there I need you to tell me what you remember about them. Did they tell you who they were? Or why did they want either one of you?"

"No, they just asked which one of us was your soulmate." I explained. "Hyunjin said that he was and that if they had business with him then they needed to let me go first. And to be honest it happened so fast that I didn't pay attention to what they looked like, Hyunjin was my only concern at the moment."

"That's okay, little vixen." Chan said. "We'll pull the video and see if we can get their faces..." He sighed heavily. "I just hope they don't see his soul marks nor do I hope we're too late in rescuing him."

"What would our soul marks have to do with him being taken?" I asked.

"It would mean them possibly putting two and two together and realizing that you may also be his soulmate and mine. That we're a rare trio who share one another." He was too calm for me and I hated that, but that all disappeared when I heard him hit something. Maybe the steering wheel if he was already in his car driving to me. "Fuck!"

By now I had tears streaming down my face and I was sitting down in the food court. It was where I felt the safest at the moment. But what I didn't expect was for someone to step beside me and press their hand on the table and push their body in front of me, hiding me.

"Who..." I looked up at the man before me and saw someone that had my heart melting. "Seungmin..."

"Are you on the phone with Chan?" He asked and I just nodded before he stuck out his hand asking for the phone. When I gave it to him, he grabbed it up quickly before pushing himself from the table and reaching to pull me up. "We need to go. Hey, Chan, it's me. I'm taking him home so you can just meet us there. What the hell is going on anyway? You just told me that I needed to get to my brother."

We were weaving in and out of people, and it was at that moment that I saw one of the men who took Hyunjin. They were up ahead of us and we'd surely cross paths again if I didn't stop my brother now. I nearly dead weighted him as I stopped walking, his body jerking back as he looked me over.

"Innie, what's wrong?" He asked and then into the phone. "Hold on."

"That..." I pointed to the man that was leaning against the entrance of the building. "He's one of the ones that took Hyunjin."

"Shit!" Seungmin mumbled, before pushing me in the opposite direction. "The hell is he doing waiting like that? Chan we may have a change of plans, looks like one is still waiting around, maybe trying to see if you'd show. Guy's wearing plain clothes, dark jeans and a gray shirt. He's got a tiger sleeve of tattoo but I don't recognize anything to be any gang or mafia related symbols."

We moved to one of the other entrances, my body doing the same thing as I noticed another man who looked familiar to me, this was the one who had held Hyunjin this time. I was quick to point him out to my brother and just like the first time, he went into detail on what the guy looked like to my soulmate.

"What do we do, Chan?" Seungmin ordered. "We're on the north end."

There was a moment of silence as my brother pushed us back away from the doors before guiding us to one of the emergency exits. He pushed us through just as a car I knew all too well slammed on its breaks in front of us. There in the driver's seat sat my soulmate, eyes blazing as he looked us over.

"Get in." He said through the open window.

I immediately let go of Seungmin's hand, rushing to the passenger side and slipping into the seat before reaching over and throwing my arms around my soulmate. "You're finally here."

Hyunjin's POV

I had been pulled to an exit and thrown into a van almost as soon as I lost sight of my little vixen. I just prayed he stayed safe and Chan was quick to take action, even if it was just to save the younger. And now I was sitting in a warehouse an hour or two later, tied to a chair. My captor had yet to show his face, the one who had ordered the kidnapping but I knew one thing for sure. They weren't here to play games and with the amount of guns they were packing, I'd be lucky to make it out alive if Chan didn't play his cards right.

Chan... why was it that in a moment like this my mind was immediately thrown back to him. To love him and the idea of not making it out of here long enough to see if our relationship ever got better. Would I ever get to actually share an intimate moment with him? To kiss him or be loved by him? Would he ever accept me as his other soulmate? And was he just as worried for me as he would be if it were I.N in my place?

A slap across my cheek had me pulled from my thoughts of Chan and hissing in pain. "Fuck, hit me harder next time. I don't think I felt that."

And I was hit harder, the chair I was tied to rocking back slightly before falling back forward and jerking my body with it. I could feel the blood welling up in my mouth, and as I went to spit it, I laughed.

"Shut the fuck up." The person before me growled but I didn't bother listening as I glared up at him.

"I'm not very good with taking orders." I warned through a low chuckle. "Have any other requests?

I was hit in the stomach this time, what little of my body that could move while being tied, rocketed forward and a groan left my lips. But I was having fun pissing him off, they were bound to beat me anyway regardless of who enjoyed it. They'd beat me and I'd continue to piss them off, they'd beat me and I'd continue to bide my time until someone came to my rescue. Or until they demanded something from Chan. Or in the worst case scenario, send me home in a body bag...