Sonia's Cousin

"I am so happy I get to introduce you to my cousin, Hinata-san! I am positive the Two of you will get along!" Sonia smiled, dragging her friend towards a Café.

"Yeah, yeah."

"You will have to introduce yourself though! Komaeda-san doesn't know you are coming along."

"You didn't tell him?"

"I am sure he will not mind." Finally, she opened the door.

"Now, where is he..." Sonia put a hand to her chin, looking around.

"Sonia-san! I'm here!" A voice said. Both Hinata and Sonia turned towards where it came from. Sitting there, was a guy with white hair, waving while smiling brightly.

"Ah, there he is! Come on, Hinata-san!" When they arrived at the table, Sonia's cousin tilted his head.

"Who's this?"
"This is my friend, Hinata Hajime." She smiled, sitting down. "I hope you don't mind that I brought him with me. I just thought you two had potential to become friends."

"No, I don't mind." Komaeda turned towards Hinata, holding put his hand. "I'm Komaeda Nagito. It's nice to meet you." Hinata shook his hand, smiling.

"Nice to meet you too."

They began talking and Hinata quickly noticed that Komaeda seemed to be really insecure, often making self-deprecating comments. He also seemed to be a very positive person, who often smiled and laughed. Komaeda was polite, his parents must have raised him well, though he could be a bit clumsy.

"So, Sonia-san, how's it going with Tanaka-kun?"

"Ah, it is going well. I really am glad you got me to confess to him back in high school." She smiled. "But how is your love-life going?"

Komaeda laughed, cheeks slightly pink. Hinata couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"No need to ask, you know nobody would want to go out with someone as worthless as me."

So he wasn't dating anyone? Hinata didn't know why, but, somehow, that made him happy, even if he would have preferred Komaeda to not have insulted himself.

"You never know! Just wanted to make sure you did not find the man of your dreams without telling me." She giggled.

"What about you, Hinata-kun?" Komaeda looked at him.

"I, uh, I have a girlfriend."

"You do?" Sonia asked.

"Uh, no. I don't know why I said that..." Hinata nervously laughed, soon being joined by Komaeda. That only made him more nervous though.

"Well, you seem like a nice guy, I'm sure you'll find someone soon. If you even want to that is!" Komaeda quickly added the last part.

"Ah! It seems to be getting late!" Sonia said. "I have to go, have a nice evening, you two!" And with that, she left.

"Uhm..." Hinata awkwardly muttered. "So, do you have any hobbies?"

"I like to read, what about you?"

"Hm... I enjoy-" Hinata was cut off by a noise that came from Komaeda, who'd just been drenched with boiling hot water thanks to a waiter that bumped into him with a tea pot in his hands.

"Ow..."

"I am so sorry, Sir! I will get you a towel this instant!"

"Holy shit-! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just hot..." The waiter came back and dried Komaeda, all the while apologizing profusely.

"Like I said, its fine! It's not your fault, I shoulve been sitting somewhere else."

"Are you sure? I'm really, really sorry!"

"Mhm, I'm sure." Finally, the waiter left.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Hinata-kun, but I'm afraid I must get going. Wet clothes really aren't comfortable." Komaeda got up, chuckling.

"Right, makes sense. Uh, have a nice day then!"

"Thanks, you too!" Komaeda smiled sweetly, taking his leave.

That evening, Hinata opened his phone to text Sonia.

Hinata: Can you give me your cousin's number?