30. Family isn't always blood

Start from the beginning

He reached out and moved a piece of hair out of her face before leaning down so he could coldly whisper to the girl. "Don't worry Avery, we're gonna take good care of you." A dark chuckle came from the man just as Avery fell completely unconscious and she shut her eyes falling limp in her car seat.

~

Avery softly groaned as she slowly woke up and felt the pain in her head resurface like somebody had just hit her head with a hammer. She went to go and place her hand in her head to try and ease the pain but found her hand not moveable which made Avery frown as she blinked her eyes open to see a bright light shining right in her eyes causing her to squint and gaze down at her hands that were currently handcuffed to a chair.

Avery felt a sudden rush of panic and fear and started moving around and trying to yank her wrists out of the cuffs but that only head her to realise her ankles were also cuffed to the chair and there was a gag in her mouth restricting her of talking or screaming.

Avery's heart pounded in her chest and she soon forgot about her wound on her head as she looked around desperately trying to find out where she was and how she could get out.

She was in an empty room that had absolutely nothing in there except for the chair she was handcuffed too. She looked beside her to see a small metal table that had different types of knives and saws.

Avery stared down at the table and immediately tried to get out doing everything she could. Throwing herself around, pulling on her handcuffs and screaming out muffled screams for help.

Avery heard a door creak open and so she snapped her head towards a corner of the room to watch somebody that she knew all too well walk into the room and Avery felt tears prickle in her eyes as he neared. Avery shook her head and muffled several no's into her gag hoping that what was happening was just a big nightmare because if this was real then she was in deep trouble.

"Good you're awake, I've been waiting to talk to you." Gerard grinned a big evil smile as he took a seat next to her and stared right into her terrified eyes with his cold ones that held no humanity whatsoever. "I'm sorry that it had to be this way but this was the only way you would talk to me."

Avery flinched hard as he reached out to her gag and took it out of her mouth still wearing a grin. "Now, this conversation could go two ways. One we have a lovely talk and you can go home to your little friend, Arrow or Two, it doesn't go so well and let's just say if it does go that way..." He spoke flickering his eyes to the metal table full of torture weapons before finishing "Things will get messy."

Even without the gag in her mouth she still couldn't talk and found herself speechless and not muttering a single word to the older man that was sadly related to her.

When Gerard realised she wasn't going to say anything he asked "Do you understand?"

Avery's gaze fell onto the knives and she still didn't do or say anything which angered Gerard as he grabbed onto her neck with one hand "I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" He yelled with pure rage and immediately Avery nodded.

Gerard's angered expression suddenly changed by her answer and dropped his hand off of her and smiled. "I knew you would."

A small tear fell from Avery's eye as she looked at him and so he raised his eyebrows at her in disgust. "Are you kidding me? You're crying? I thought that I taught you well, to be a true hunter who doesn't show emotion. Look at you..." He muttered shaking his head "You're such a baby."

Avery lowered her eyes to the ground and whispered "Sorry."

That only made Gerard nod "Yeah you should be."