020. people are crazy

Start from the beginning

"Oh, shut up. You're only 13 minutes older." Natalie tiredly grumbles.

"Which still makes me older." Sam grins and Natalie rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, you really know how to have fun, don't you, grandma?" Dean remarks sarcastically. "All right. I'll meet you guys outside, I gotta take a leak. Here, one of you take O." He grabs his jacket and goes for the bathroom.

Natalie quietly groans as she gets up and takes Ophelia, carrying her niece outside.

They get out to the Impala and Sam puts his research on the hood of the car. He looks at Libby and makes sure she's still asleep, brushing some of the hair out of her face. The twins hear a noise making them freeze.

Sam motions for Natalie to be quiet as he takes his flashlight out. He bends down by the car, making sure to keep a good grip on Libby, and he looks under the car. A cat hisses at him.

"Whoa!" Sam reels back, but quickly realizes it's a cat as it runs off and Sam relaxes, laughing at himself.

"What?" Natalie asks.

"Just a cat." Sam sighs.

+++

Natalie groans as she wakes up, wincing at the uncomfortable surface she's laying on. She sits up and looks around, waking up when she realizes she's in a cage.

Natalie feels panic build up, her breathing start to pick up.

"Natty." She turns at her name, finding Sam in a different cage. She sees Ophelia in the cage with him and looks around, seeing Libby still unconscious next to her.

"Oh, my God." Natalie whispers. "Sammy." She whines.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay." Sam assures.

"It doesn't look okay!" Natalie argues and Sam gently shushes her.

"I-- o-okay, it's not okay. It's not. I'm... I'm trying to figure out how to get us out, I promise." Sam says. "Just... you need to breathe. And-and I need you to check that Libby's breathing."

Natalie focuses on her breathing and she puts her hand on Libby's chest, feeling it rise up and down.

"She's fine." Natalie says making Sam sigh in relief.

"Uncle Sammy, I'm scared." Ophelia whines.

"I know. I-I know, sweetie. I know." Sam says, stroking her hair. "I'll get us out. I promise."

"Why is Aunt Natty so scared?" Ophelia asks.

"She doesn't like feeling trapped." Sam vaguely explains.

"Is it because your dad used to keep her in closets?" Ophelia asks.

"Uh..." Sam struggles to answer, not feeling right about talking about any of that to his six year old niece. Thankfully, his attention is dragged to the man in the third cage who wakes up.

"You're alive." Sam says, noticing the man in the cage next to him wake up. "Hey, you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm doin' okay?" Jenkins asks.

"Where are we?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. The country, I think. Smells like the country." Jenkins says.

"You're Alvin Jenkins, aren't you?" Sam asks.

"Yeah."

"I was lookin' for ya."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well, no offense, but this is a piss poor rescue."