Chapter 2-Sleep Deprived

"Deary?"  Alma said, trying to snap you out of your thoughts. "Y/n?"

"Hm?" You finally responded, looking at her. "What is it?"

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Alma asked, concerned for you. "I'm worried you haven't been sleeping enough."

"Of course I get enough sleep." You say with a small smile. But that very night, Alma came downstairs to see you playing Candy Land by yourself. You were half asleep as you moved the pieces around the bored.

"Y/n? What are you doing up?" Alma scolded, walking over to you. "You're supposed to be in bed."

You just shrugged. "Couldn't sleep." You smiled at her for a moment. "Actually for the past month I've only gotten a couple hours of sleep a night! And I'm still going strong."

Alma sighed and helped you up. "It's time for bed, love." You complained for a moment, but quieted yourself when you caught the glare she sent you. What you didn't expect when you got to your room, was for her to lay down beside you, and wrap an arm around you. "Goodnight, Y/n.'

"Night.." You muttered back, already half asleep.

Once she thought you'd already falled asleep, Alma kissed the top of your head and whispered something to you. "I love you, darling."

The next morning you woke up after her and found her downstairs in the kitchen preparing breakfast. "Good Morning, love. How did you sleep?" She asked with a smile.

"Great!" Y/n smiled back and approached her, bringing the woman into a hug. "And just so you know, I love you too."

-----

Wish confessing your feelings was that freaking easy!