"The Dark Lord promised Kasper everything he could have ever wanted. Instead, he chose foolishly. He chose death!" shouted Mrs. Norman.

"HEY! That's enough!" The judge silenced Mr. and Mrs. Norman from saying anything further. I glanced over at Kasper, whose fist were clenched hard and who looked as if he were going to jump out of his seat and murder someone. I will take a wild guess and say he wants to murder his mum and dad.

The judge turned his attention to my parents.

"Have you nothing to say, Mr. and Mrs. Rosewood?"

Surprisingly, they both were not nearly as audible and outspoken as Kasper's mother and father. They seemed shaken almost, as if slightly afraid. Or maybe it was just from being weakened and ill.

My father looked up at the judge, though I knew he could not see him without his glasses.

"It's hard to speak to a man you can't see," he said, his breath shaky.

The judge gave no answer but used his wand to make my father's glasses gracefully float down to him and onto his face.

"Better?" the judge spat.

"Yes," my father simply replied.

"Now tell me," said the judge as the levitating quill next to him swiftly scribbled onto some paper, "What happened the night you four decided to receive the Dark Mark?"

My mum's prison gown was ragged and ripped of its sleeves. She steadily glared down at her forearm and gasped as if seeing it for the first time. A tense silence followed after that.

"Surely you remember something?" The judge was quickly growing impatient.

My father blank-stared into the distance.

"I remember a dark, dark place. One where I felt no control over myself," he said through harsh breathing.

"That tells me nothing, Mr. Rosewood."

"That's all I know."

"You're lying, and you're making a fool of yourself." The judge violently slammed his hands on the podium.

My father was refusing to give any information. Cannot say I am too terribly surprised. He is skilled in gaslighting.

Out of nowhere, my mother fainted and collapsed hard to the ground. Loud gasps sounded around me. I held my breath without meaning to. Then two wizards, who I assumed were trained medically, were called and came to carry my mum out of the court room. Once my mum was out from the room, the area erupted in low whispers. I should have expected my mum to give out, but I did not. My head buzzed with an intense ringing. I just wanted to go home.

The judge banged his gavel.

"Silence! Mrs. Rosewood is in our care. Kasper Norman and Holly Rosewood, please come to the stand. Everyone else out!"

My heart was pounding and pounding. My hands were shaking.

"Just go sit in those two chairs down there. We will be waiting for you two outside," said Lucius as he and Narcissa departed, along with the group of people who had remained behind the judge. It was then just me, Kasper, and the judge once my dad, my aunt, and my uncle were escorted out of the courtroom by four guards.

Kasper and I made our way to the middle, our steps echoing behind us. I then sat amongst the area where my parents had once stood.

The judge walked off his platform and into the center of the room. He then summoned a chair with the snap of a finger and sat across from me and Kasper.

"I'm sitting down here so I don't have to shout at you from up there. Anyways, how are you guys doing this afternoon?"

I hesitated before answering.

"Great," I said, though my face definitely said otherwise.

Kasper awkwardly nodded his head in agreement.

The judge was much more patient and softer spoken than before, and I felt the tenseness in my muscles ease just a little bit. He also had the grayest of hair and wore a weary look which said he had been doing this type of stuff for years.

"I'm so sorry you two had to witness that," he said with a voice that reminded me of a sweet and compassionate grandpa, "Do please forgive me. I did not actually intend for you guys to be in here during that time. I know this all certainly cannot be easy."

I did not want to be rude, so I forced myself so say something. "It's dreadful... having Death Eaters in the family."

"What about your other family members? Like your grandparents?"

I casted my eyes towards my hands which were folded in my lap, not ready to answer.

"They have all been obliviated of our existence," replied Kasper solemnly.

"Really?" The judge said in astonishment. "Wow."

"Well," he continued, "If you can, I would like each of you to give an account on what happened the night when your parents received the Dark Mark and any other information you would like to share. I have been informed there has some been some abuse in the household, so it would not be fair to just punish them for their association with Death Eaters but for every crime they have committed. So please, tell me all you know. It will help me tremendously."

Retelling the story was like reliving it all over again.

I relived a lot that day.