Chapter 26

"I have to work today. I'll be back at 7pm but I'll try to come back sooner" Jungkook announced once Taehyung finally got out of the large bed.

He is already all dressed up and only waited for Taehyung to wake to tell the older that he's got a very important thing to deal in the office.

He's not really up for the idea of leaving Taehyung but he needs to fix some issues and attend an important meeting for today.

"It's okay. I'll probably stay in bed all day. I feel weak. Like I've been drained out of my energy" Taehyung commented with a dry throat.

The whole night, he barely slept and this morning even, he had a massive headache and felt nauseous.

"Come here" Jungkook gestures for Taehyung to approach him and the Omega complied, the younger felt his forehead with the back of his hand before saying: "Your temperature's high. Should I just reschedule everything? I don't want to leave you alone especially when you're not fine"

"It's okay. I'm sure it'll pass after a good shower and a little nap" Taehyung assured, he feels sick yes but being a burden to Jungkook is just too much.

The younger's been sacrificing a lot of things for him. It's been weeks since Jungkook hadn't gone to work and Taehyung didn't want to keep him back again.

"Still, I'll tell the cook to make you a good soup. And wear warm clothes, I don't want you to catch a cold!" Jungkook said in a stern yet caring voice.

"Alright, daddy. I'll be good and take care of myself!" A snort left Taehyung's mouth but it was swallowed down by Jungkook's mouth which captured his into a longing kiss.

After pulling apart, Jungkook fixed his hair for one last time before Hyun called him to report that his car was ready. With a clenched chest, he left Taehyung but only after making sure that everyone's going to take care of him.

The stay without Jungkook was like hell for Taehyung.

Mrs Jeon passed by when he was in the shower and once he came out, he found her sitting at the end of the bed. To say that it was awkward was an understatement. It was fucking awful and the way the woman looked at him with such hatred was just too much.

He nervously greeted her for starters, he bowed his head to show respect but Mrs Jeon simply looked at him ups and downs, as if he's the dirtiest person she's ever seen. Taehyung hesitantly introduced himself but he was abruptly cut off by her stone cold voice.

"Are you always this annoying? I didn't ask for your name and I don't give a fuck about you!" She growled and perhaps it was too harsh that Taehyung's wolf started to howl with pain.

He was pregnant so he was obviously sensitive over little things. The woman is only making things worse when she's speaking with such malice.

"I want you to pack your belongings and leave! You're not welcomed here!" She stated and Taehyung flinched from her rude and hurtful words.

He didn't know what to say. It's Mrs Jeon who's talking to him. She has all rights with this house but should Taehyung leave without Jungkook's consent? He doesn't know and that's why he stayed frozen on the spot.

Mrs Jeon scoffed when he didn't say anything, his silence only growing the woman's anger so she stood up and walked towards Taehyung before pushing the Omega away. The push was so sudden that Taehyung's body halted on the ground, his feet too weak to support himself.

He was too shocked to be angry, he simply widened his eyes and looked up to meet her cruel eyes.

"I'm not going to say it twice! You leave this house and never come back again to my son's life! How can a fucking whore like you think you're allowed to live here? To shower with the water I paid and sleep on the bed I bought! I worked my ass off to make Jungkook the man he is now and he owes everything to me!" She spatted and Taehyung's heart broke into pieces not only because Mrs Jeon's nothing but rude to him but also because he knows that it's unfair for Jungkook to owe his blood and sweat to his mother.