Chapter 4

(September 22nd 1994)

   Everyone is at Monica's apartment watching a Spanish Soap on TV and are trying to figure out what's going on. Joey, Chandler and Phoebe are sitting on the couch while Ross is sitting on the back of it and Monica sits in a chair and Vivian sits on the floor in front of the chair.

Monica: Now I'm guessing that he bought her the big pipe organ and she's really not happy about it.

Chandler: "Imitating". Tuna or egg salad?. Decide!.

Ross: "In deep voice". I'll have whatever Christine is having.

Rachel: "Into phone". Daddy I just...I can't marry him!...I'm sorry...I just don't love him...Well it matters to me!.

The scene on TV has changed to show two women and one is holding her hair.

Phoebe: If I let go of my hair my head will fall off.

Chandler: Oh she should not be wearing those pants.

Joey: I say push her down the stairs.

Vivian, Phoebe, Ross, Chandler, Joey: Push her down the stairs!. Push her down the stairs!. Push her down the stairs!.

   The woman is pushed down the stairs and everyone cheers and then Ross gets up going to the fridge to get a drink.

Rachel: "Into Phone". C'mon Daddy listen to me!. It's like, it's like all of my life everyone has always told me. You're a shoe!.

Everyone turns to look at Rachel.

Rachel: "Into Phone". You're a shoe-you're a shoe-you're a shoe!. And today I just stopped and I said...What if I don't wanna be a shoe?. What if I wanna be a- a purse y'know?. Or a-or a hat!...No I'm not saying I want you to buy me a hat I'm saying I am a ha-It's a metaphor Daddy!.

No I'm not saying I want you to buy me a hat I'm saying I am a ha-It's a metaphor Daddy!

Ross: "To Rachel". You can see where he'd have trouble. "Walks back to couch".

Rachel: "Glares at Ross, Into Phone". Look Daddy it's my life. Well maybe I'll just stay here with Monica and Vivian.

Everyone looks at Monica and Vivian.

Monica: Well I guess we've established who's staying here with Monica and Vivian.