𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

MONTE CARLO, MONACO, 2034

".. and this is how Maman and Père fell in love"

The brunette smiled at her eldest daughter, whose eyes had widened.

She had listened intently throughout the story, and yet her eyelids had grown heavier and heavier the more time passed.

"Do you think I will find my forever too one day?", Ines asked her mother, yawning.
Genevieve smiled and shrugged.

"Who knows? Maybe you've already found your forever? Maybe you'll find it later?", the mother lovingly covered her daughter with the sheets and stroked her brown curls.

"But at the age of nine you must not have found your forever, mon petit", the teacher reassured the girl.

Because her eldest daughter, like her mother, had a tendency to think things over and over.
And over.

"You're right, Maman", the girl mumbled sleepily and yawned again.
Genevieve smiled and leaned in slightly to kiss her daughter's forehead.

"Now sleep, baby. You need to be fit when we meet up with Emil, Thea, Uncle Maxie and Auntie Frida tomorrow", with these words the mother got up from her daughter's bed and went to the doorframe.

"Sleep well, Maman", she heard Inés murmur.

"Sleep well, sweetheart", the brunette replied, turning off the light and quietly leaving the room.

After closing the door and turning around, suddenly someone very familiar stood in front of her.

"Mon dieu, Charles!", completely shocked, the Monegasque put her hand on her heart and only received a soft laugh from her husband as an answer.

In return, Charles received a hit on the back of the head.

"You know I don't like it when you suddenly appear in front of me", she scolded him, but the Ferrari-World Champion just smiled and pulled his wife in by the hip.

He had heard the whole story.

Their story.

He looked lovingly at Genevieve, cupped her face in his hands.

"Baby, you are my Forever Girl", he whispered.
They both had a deja vu which made them grin broadly.

"Was that an Avatar-reference, Charles Leclerc?" , the brunette asked cheekily, causing her husband to grin.

"Oui, Genevieve Leclerc", he simply answered and pulled her even closer to himself.

For a while they looked into each other's eyes.
Moss green met hazel brown.

"You are my forever, Charlie", she whispered, feeling his hands on her hips while hers caressed his cheek lovingly.

Charles looked at her with the same expression, the corners of his mouth twisting into a big smile.

"And you are my forever, Ginny"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 | c.leclerc 〈shortstory〉 ✓ 🎉