𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

MONTE CARLO, MONACO, 2034

With a smile, the brunette woman watched her two young daughters as they sat in front of the TV, spellbound and watching an almost ancient TV series.

Avatar - the last Airbender  from 2005 was being broadcast at the moment and the two girls couldn't tear themselves away from it. Thei eyes were glued to the cartoon characters' actions, they were laughing at Sokka's jokes and loudly proclaiming that they wanted pets like Momo and Appa too.

And as much as the mother wanted to fulfill her children's wish, which had once been hers too, she now had to pick up the remote control and switch off the television with a heavy heart.

Immediately the two girls began to complain and the eldest of the two immediately turned around, eyebrows furrowed and mouth pouted.

"Maman!", she whined, leaning over the back of the sofa theatrically.
Her younger sister did the same and complained loudly.

"Maman!", she called out, her curly brown hair falling over her face as she leaned over the back of the sofa.

"Maman!", she mimicked her little girls and approached them with a smile after putting the remote control out of the children's reach.

"I'm sorry, mes petits, but it's after eight o'clock. Off to bed!", the brunette woman looked lovingly at her children, who then grimaced.

"But Maman..!", the eldest of the two sisters exclaimed, but gave up as soon as she saw her mother's look.

"You can watch Avatar again tomorrow after school", she encouraged her children as they led the way to the upper floor of the house. There they brushed their teeth, let their mother comb their hair and swapped their everyday clothes with their pajamas.

"Inés, mon petit, go ahead. I'll just put your little sister to bed quickly",  the eldest daughter was about to leave the bathroom when her mother called after her.
Inés nodded and lied down in her warm bed to wait for her mother.

Meanwhile, the brunette woman put her youngest daughter, Renée, to bed.
Tenderly, she stroked her brunette curls and then her soft, rosy cheeks.
Renée chuckled softly as her mother's touch tickled her.

"Sleep well, ma petite cherié", she said and gave her daughter a loving kiss on the forehead before she pulled the covers over her body sufficiently and then left the room.

"Good night, Maman. Je vous aime", could be heard from Renée, who was already very sleepy and soon drifted off into the most beautiful childhood dreams.

Unlike her older sister Inés.
Although she was lying in her bed, she was anything but tired.

As the woman sat down by the bed next to her daughter, she already knew that her eldest daughter would not fall asleep without a bedtime story.

"What story should it be this time, mon petit?", she asked the little girl, who then brushed a curl from her face.
It was a question that had been nagging on the little girl's tongue for ages whenever she saw her parents together.

Inés might only be nine years old, but she understood that her parents loved each other very, very much.

"How did you and Père met each other, Maman?", she asked, looking straight into her mother's hazel eyes.

Memories of that time flooded her brain and replayed in front of her inner eye.
With a smile, the brunette made herself comfortable on her eldest daughter's bed before she began to talk.

"You must know that Maman and Père have known each other since they were tiny, little babies..."