𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹

MONTE CARLO, MONACO, 2019

"Be prepared to stay longer today", Manon murmured in Genevieve's direction as the two women walked to the staff room together.
The young Monegasque sighed softly, one hand clutching the support strap of her leather satchel.

Her feet were starting to hurt in the pumps - but it would probably be limited.
After all, she would only sit during the teachers' conferences anyway.

"How long?", Genevieve asked and opened the door to the staff room.
Immediately, the smell of coffee and biscuits reached her nose, which is why the Monegasque immediately turned towards the corner with the coffee and biscuits to pour herself a cup and load a plate.

Manon followed her colleague and did the same.

"At least until five o'clock", Manon answered honestly, rolling her eyes.
The two women then went to their seats in the staff room, fortunately they were sitting next to each other.

Genevieve wouldn't be able to bare anyone else than Manon Lacroix now anyway.

"Actually, I still have so much to correct - and I still have a private life! But no.. instead I'm here, yayy", the other teacher complained to her good colleague and friend before she took a large sip of her coffee.

Genevieve smiled slightly, but nodded in agreement and bit into one of the croissants. At least the food tasted good.

"My problem is that I'm having dinner with my parents and my sister today - they'll kill me if I'm late", Genevieve remarked and now turned her torso forward to the headmaster.

Inwardly, however, she sighed.
It had been a very stressful day for her, because first her class had had an absolutely bad day and the Monegasque was actually supposed to be correcting a test - instead she was sitting here in an almost unnecessary teachers' conference where a new stocking of library books was being discussed.

Of course, Genevieve was in favor of the children reading and practicing reading, but a board consisting of the headmaster and a few teachers was enough for that.
When this conference was over, she'd have to hurry.

Her parents, well actually her mother, regularly took her and Emilié to dinner - to keep the family spirit alive.

In order not to have to go to this restaurant as worn out and partly sweaty, Genevieve wanted to shower and change before she picked up her sister Emilié from her apartment.

"You poor thing", Manon said, playing sad, but actually she was glad that she wasn't the only one with so much stress.
Genevieve only grunted in reply and took a sip of coffee, the caffeinated drink giving her the strength she needed for this useless conference.

"Off to the fight", she then heard Manon whisper, who lifted the coffee cup and pretended to clink glasses with someone.

Genevieve couldn't help but smile, but she forced herself to finally listen to the headmaster, who was already philosophizing about the importance of young adult fiction.

And at exactly five o'clock in the afternoon the conference was over.

As quickly as Genevieve could, she packed her things and literally rushed out of the staff room and then out of the school building.

"Don't get into an accident when you're so hectic, Genevieve!", Manon called after her, laughing, but the Monegasque was already off to her car, which was parked in the parking lot.

She only had a good three quarters of an hour to prepare for dinner with her family - she also had to pick up Emilié.

Breathing fast, the teacher flopped down in the driver's seat and started the car's engine before heading straight for her own apartment.