No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 13 & 14

Start from the beginning

Brice smiled widely. "You really have changed, Charlotta, I've been told you don't live like a vampire should, but your darkness it's there. You can never truly hide from what you really are." He turned to Elena. "You did well with her, Katerina."

"I tried, but the silly girl ran after barely 100 years and she could never let go of her humanity," Elena said with a wicked smile. Charlie was proud of Elena's composure. She was doing a good job as Katherine but... for how long would Brice buy it?

"Speaking of humanity, where is that American human of yours, Charlotta? Oh sorry, my bad, I mean vampire boyfriend of yours? Didn't you turn him, Katerina?" he laughed darkly. "Aren't you with him again, Charlotta? I would have bet anything he'd be here protecting you," Brice said with a smirk.

"What? How do you know about him? That was years after you," Charlie asked, yet she knew fine well Katherine had told him.

"I know a lot of things about you, Charlotta. And oh yes, Damon Salvatore, he's one of them. I've heard about him, then again, who hasn't? The reckless, immature, irresponsible vampire, always making mistakes... but he'd do anything for the girls he loves. And you, stupid child, fell in love with him as a human, our greatest weakness... love."

"Love is not a weakness, Brice, the deepness of our love... it's a gift, the one good thing about being a vampire, the one emotion that's so beautifully intensified," Charlie shouted, standing up.

Brice was suddenly on his feet and within a second in front of Charlie. "I made that mistake..." he said barely audible, "you, I fell in love with you, and if I'd had any sense I would have handed you over to him, not given you a way out. Because of you, I've spent the last 250 years in fear."

"What do you mean? A way out? Do you mean by turning me? You were working with Katherine, weren't you? Who wanted me, Brice?" Charlie said raising her voice, and all her questions tumbling out at once.

Brice sat back down and closed his eyes. He leaned his head back onto the chair. He laughed lightly. "Maybe, I should start from the beginning, Charlotta. Katerina why don't you start us off. Indeed the story involves you too."

Charlie cautiously looked at Elena willing her to say something, anything.

"Katerina? Answer me?"

Elena's face was suddenly white with panic, her heart began to race, her blood speeding around her body. And her fear instantly intensified the scent of her blood. Charlie knew if she could smell Elena's blood, no doubt Brice could too. This was not good; he was going to kill them both. She just knew it. This was the end.

Brice's eyes immediately shot open. "Do you smell blood? Human blood?" He gripped the armrests in anger, his eyes moving directly to Elena. "Hello, my precious doppelganger. I've been wanting to meet you for a long time now. And to make things easy for me here you are." He was instantly on his feet and in front of Elena.

"Please don't hurt her," Charlie whispered.

Brice snorted. "How stupid do you think I am? I smelt her the second she entered my house. I'm over 1000 years old, I know all about the Petrova doppelgangers, and of course I know about you Elena Gilbert from Mystic Falls." He grabbed Elena by her hair and pulled her to her feet. "I need some time alone with Miss Charlotta; I'll deal with you later."

He pushed Elena across the room and through a heavy wooden door. Slamming it with too much force and locking it with a thick metal padlock.

He turned back to a frightened Charlie. "So, now we have some privacy, let me start from the beginning."

He grabbed Charlie's small hand in his own holding it tightly and sat her on the couch beside him. He never removed his eyes from her face. "You always were so beautiful, those blue eyes and perfect pale skin, you're kind, smart, funny, one tiny little redheaded girl... how can you have so much effect on so many people?" he said lightly.